Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

FredNurks
New Contributor

Anxiety and Depression

Hi all,

first time poster. I have been diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression this year after suffering for most of my life. I work in a stressful environment, and i find if I have to do anything urgent I shut down and can't do it. I have been having Wednesdays off, but I find I think about work and have a lot of guilt for not being there, but in fact I can't stand being there.

I can retire in 1 year 10 months, but at the moment I dont think i will be able to last.

I hope I am not the only one that has the problems I have.

Thanks all.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Anxiety and Depression

Hey @FredNurks,

I'm one of the moderators. That sounds pretty huge to have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression after having those experiences for a lot of your life. Getting a diagnosis can often mean a lot of emotions and processing for people, it's great you've come on the forums to connect with other people who can perhaps identify with what you're going through. 

It sounds like working in a stressful environment is incredibly difficult to manage right now, I'm sure you are not alone in this. 

Welcome to the forums, it's so brave to reach out to others. Feel free to introduce yourself on this thread here if you like and to have a read of some other threads. I hope you find the forums a really supportive place. 

Take care,

Tortoiseshell 

Welcome @FredNurks,

Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you have been managing for most of your life without additional supports. We can imagine that must have felt overwhelming at times to manage alone but it also shows a lot of inner strength.

Feeling 'on' even when not at work is tough and doesn't give the body and mind a chance to relax. Over time this can really drain energy levels, so it is understandable the stressful environment is leaving you feeling conflicted. What things do you usually enjoy doing outside of work?

hi @FredNurks and welcome
how are you going since you posted?

Hi Frednurks
This is a difficult choice and one that needs to be made to support your mental wellness.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance