Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@NatureLover  we both had a case of Monday-itis but it's Tuesday now so things are definitely better!

Poppy wanted to get up at 6 but I told her it was too early and she snuggled down next to me again.  I'm sure I could tell her that all day and she'd believe me 😂 

Doesn't Promite come in giant sized jars?  I'm always tempted by the buckets of Vegemite at Costco but storage is an issue in a tiny house.  When people were panic buying toilet paper and they introduced the early shopping hour for people on disability the only loo rolls available were a packet of 24 and I struggled to find somewhere to put them. Mind you I'm still using that packet and will be for a while.  😝 

@Escaped_Goat yes, things are definitely looking up today!

Poppy is super-cute, and so well behaved by the sounds of it...

The Promite comes in smallish jars - well, 290g. In case you were fretting about me running out, lol - don't worry, I have another jar 😄

And I reckon those huge buckets of Vegemite would get mucky by the time you got to the bottom anyway.

I'm back inside but I forgot to take a photo of the sky so am going back outside now. I hope you have some sun there today?

@NatureLover  the day is getting away from me!  Which is a good thing.. I hate when the day drags.  Not much sun here today and it's quite chilly out.  I've been pottering though and only just sat down for some lunch.  

My son had a rare day off so has sprayed the weeds for me which is far easier than trying to pull them on the gravel.  Now we wait! Muahaha! 😈

I have been going through some magazines that I have been hanging onto.. tearing out articles I plan on reading... cutting out pictures etc for my motivation board.  Finally getting around to doing this... after only two years of the basket sitting here.  Go me! 😂 

I'm glad your day is whizzing past and you sound positive and motivated! @Escaped_Goat  Yay for your magazines in the basket after 2 years 🙂

I don't like to think of you painfully pulling weeds out 😮 so that's good that your son sprayed them. 

I've had a good day - baked some parmesan bread as baking anything sweet is beyond me, went for a short walk then a long walk in the sun, have done stuff around the house and done 5 things off the Bingo board. Now I'm going for a lie down as I haven't had one today yet. I'm looking forward to toasting my parmesan bread tomorrow and seeing how it turns out as toast...

@NatureLover  trying to keep busy today.. so far it's working.  Your bread looks so fluffy!  I'm making toucan soup again. Maybe flatbread again if I can be bothered 😂 Getting to that part of the day when I don't have much energy.

I was going to do the 5 things I do well but couldn't think of 5.  

I had trouble thinking of 5 things...I got stuck after 2. It took me another while to think of 3 more, and even then "eating" is not really a skill lol...although I do do it well! 😄

Yes, I lose energy in the late afternoon too. And once the sun goes down then that's it, no more chores are possible. You've done well to keep busy today @Escaped_Goat 

The bread is very parmesany! Actually a bit too rich, so I only had one slice when it came out of the breadmaker. I think I'll have canned soup tonight - those good quality ones full of veggies that I keep in the cupboard for if I'm feeling I need a veggie boost and don't have the energy to cook. And maybe some fruit too.

Oops! @NatureLover  I forgot to reply to you. I had it open ready to reply but something must have distracted me and I went to bed thinking I had replied.

Its that whole loss of energy thing.. it's mental energy too. I used to read a lot but now it takes me forever to get through a book.

They have some nice canned and pouch soups now.. I was browsing the soup aisle when I went shopping because they always have new varieties every year and they have some great sounding vegetarian and vegan ones out this year that I will hopefully get around to trying.

I have the bathroom floor to mop today and the surfaces in there to wipe over. Then I'm back to the start of my tiny house as far as chores and I've managed not to make anything messy except the table next to my armchair. 

It's pretty cloudy and grey looking outside and the forecast is for more of the same all day. I need a walk though.. my hips are sore from bed.  Need to move them today.  I'm going to focus on me first and try to get to the bathroom if I can.. I would like to get it done because I see that floor multiple times a day and it will bother me but I need to prioritise myself today I think. 

How are you today?  What's the weather looking like there? What are you going to be focusing on today?  Your home or you? 

@Escaped_Goat wrote:

Oops! @NatureLover  I forgot to reply to you. I had it open ready to reply but something must have distracted me and I went to bed thinking I had replied.

I know that feeling!

Yes, I agree about the variety of healthy soups on the shelves. I always have some in stock, as well as some 'comfort' soups like cream of mushroom and cream of celery. I had some parmesan bread toasted for breakfast and it was quite nice. No Promite, just butter. 

Well done on keeping up with the housework chores at home. I am always behind with mine. I have "clutter blindness", as hoarders do. So that every now and then when I actually notice the mess, it's a shock.

I'm not feeling very energetic or motivated today, but I do need to focus on the house - it's been weighing on me. The weather is partly cloudy and possible showers, but this will allow for walks thankfully.

Prioritising yourself sounds good, @Escaped_Goat  🙂 I hope your hips feel better after the exercise.

@NatureLover  I think I'm getting worse at multitasking as I get older or maybe just out of practice.  I also didn't tag anyone in my bingo post yesterday but that doesn't seem to have mattered anyway... I think most people are doing the same as me and reading all the posts.

I'm going to try to think of 5 things... that bugged me yesterday that I couldn't.  I must be okay at 5 things at least. 😂 

Good luck with your walks and housework today.  I think next time I'm near a shop I need to buy track pants... it's far too cold to walk in leggings these days.  My thighs are freezing!

@Escaped_Goat  I can list some things you do well if you want some ideas: you're good at caring for others...you're good at managing your tiny house (it's not easy managing a small space - I know cos I can't do it!)...you're good at cooking...you're good at gardening...you're excellent at sewing...you're good at steep hill climbs...and you're also good at keeping on and surviving when everything feels hopeless. ❤

I got some fuzzy tracksuit pants out of the bottom drawer last week - they're great. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance