Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Can a sensitive emotional person change

I know how you feel, and You DONT need to change.

There needs to be more sensitive and emotional people in the world.

Hello @BlueBay @bubblebee_bear @salzie @Former-Member @bluegum 

This is a great subject Bluebay.

Keep on writing on this thread as there are some strong messages here for those struggling with various symptoms along with feelings of unworthiness..

Nice to meet everyone else...

I am not around often these days....self care as advised by my therapist...

I have made the choice for now to pass by when I can.. as with others ....I have met some wonderful people on this forum..

Might see you about from time to time.

Take care all...💜

@Sophia1 @BlueBay @bubblebee_bear @salzie @Former-Member  I'm also a super sensitive person. I found this awhile ago and liked it.

image.jpeg

This is a really interesting discussion @BlueBay 

(@Sophia1 @bubblebee_bear @salzie @Former-Member @Maggie)

I've been an overly sensitive person all my life. I've found, there's pro's and con's associated that usually come down to 'situations' as opposed to who we are inside. As has been noted, 'reacting' instead of responding with self empowering thoughts or statements, seems to be the difference.

I was always admired for looking for the good in people. I was proud of this fact until I had an insight (only a couple of years ago) that this practice made me ignore important negative aspects of a person that would put me at risk.

I realised this attitude was created in childhood to cope with violent and aggressive parents who I couldn't escape from. I chose to see their good points to survive. As children we 'wish they would change' to make our lives easier. No-one taught me how to recognise when I was in a dangerous situation and what to do; I had to learn in my fifties.

I was drawn to helpless people and also worked in the public sector as that's where unfortunate souls go; it's what I knew. It eventually broke me due to my overly empathetic nature and lack of self protective strategies.

There's nothing wrong with being a sensitive person because the world needs us to keep an eye on things. However, self protection and focus is a must for people like us. Every situation should ideally be responded to with forethought for consequences to ourselves. The internal conflict I faced changing my responses was surely difficult, but the payoff has been so worth it.

Questioning yourself as you've done BlueBay is admirable. There's something special with sensitive people that can't be replicated or learned except through experiences we wouldn't put others through. You, I and these amazing Sane members have lived it and come through the other side to pass on our knowledge.

Well done to us all! Heart

Hugs @Hope4me  ❤️

@Hope4me  💜💕

Don't give up on yourself indulge in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with a counselor or psychologist also Cognitive Behaviour Therapy as well as assertiveness skills,values and an advocate may help.Contact Victorian Mental Awareness Council in East Brunswick for advice.Get their number off directory assistance.

Be true to yourself and develop a helpful hobby or activity. 

Hello and hugs @tennisplayer69 , @BlueBay , @Maggie , @Hope4me , @Sophia1 , @bubblebee_bear  xxxx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance