Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

Childhood trauma

I can’t stop thinking about something that happened to me as soon as I started high school  at 13 years old the bullying and humiliation stated trauma and fear set in I guess it never left my head 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Childhood trauma

Sorry to hear this happened to you @Evie1 and that it has never left your head. High school is such a complicated environment and we can't imagine how this must have impacted your experience. How have you managed these thoughts in the past? Is there anyone that you have felt comfortable sharing them with?

No one understands it 

The pain is too much what the school bullies to me as an underage child was abuse I was a minor they are lucky I didn’t tell my father who passed away he would of got the police involved 

Hi @Evie1 , I too had bullying as soon as I reached High School. Primary school was great, I was looking forward to the future, then years 7 & 8 were like hell. I had no real friends and the 'friends' I did have were extremely mean and hurtful. But then Year 9 started to go ok, and from then on it became much better. But I think the damage lingered. I had a cousin that was bullied mercilessly at about the same time and had to change schools just to cope. It's so sad what kids can do to each other, I think the book/film 'Lord of the Flies' is supposed to highlight this.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance