Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Coping

Hi everyone sorry I haven’t been around much I have been having a very difficult time lately and it isn’t anywhere near over, anyway I thought I would start a thread for me and I guess anyone else who is trying to get to “a place of coping” I don’t expect any of my mental health or other issues to be gone or magically taken away, I don’t expect a magic cure or for anything to be fixed I am just searching for things to be in a place where I can cope with everything. So I guess I thought I would make a thread for my journey trying to cope. I am sure I will not be able to cope all the time as things happen life is as we all know unpredictable at best but I am hoping I can be coping at least most of the time. That almost rhymed. Anyway this is my journey and I guess you should expect a fair few rants if you are reading and anyone is welcome to reply or share how they are coping if they wish but it isn’t expected either. For now I am just trying to float in a rough sea I am not trying to swim just float for now. 

27 REPLIES 27
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Coping

Hey @Eden1919 , just wanted to say I'm sorry you're struggling.

It's ok if you need to rant, want some space, whatever you need. I'll do my best to support you and I'm here if you need me or just someone to listen.

I'm struggling a lot too so I understand to a certain extent. I wish I could help you more, sorry I can't.

Be safe and take care of yourself

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Eden1919  Hey Eden1919 was wondering how you were travelling. Please tag me in on your posts as I consider you a friend and if you need someone to lend an ear I am hear for you. Take care. peaxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Same with me @Eden1919 as @greenpea said

I consider you both a friend on here to me. Well, I hope you both feel the same. I guess if not then that's ok I suppose.

How are you @greenpea ?

Hi @Eden1919 ,

Although the sea is rough, give yourself credit in that you are floating - that in itself takes guts!

I'm hearing you and here for you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I’m unsure @Eden1919 what to say.
Other then I recognise this too. I went away from forums for an incredibly long time. I think it may have been a couple of years. I’m too tired to count. It’s nice coming back and seeing others names I recognise. Some have left too. I guess essentially healing is within our own pace. I know for myself a lot of external stimuli affects me greatly.
I hope today was kind to you. 🙂

@Former-Member  Hi musicfanatic_x  I am doing okish I think. No news my end. I hope you are doing well.

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member  Yes we are all friends here 

@greenpea  thank you I will (provided I remember in the first place Smiley Wink

@BPDSurvivor @Former-Member  thank you both as well. 

Well today is is another day trying to keep afloat, I don’t feel sad, I don’t feel happy and I feel a lot so I am not numb either but I certainly can not describe my feelings currently. I think today may be an art day but I am not sure yet or how long that feeling will last I woke very late after a long and scary night and now I feel unsettled in a strange way. Lots of things are crumbling within me and I cannot stop it but hopefully the outside remains intact for at least a while longer. I hope everyone is having at least an OK day. 

@Eden1919 

I hear you....just one of those days where you neither feel nor don't feel. You're here but not here, there but not there. That's okay. As uncomfortable as it may feel, as you sit with it, it WILL pass. 

Here's a hug for you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Your welcome.

im glad your feeling able to do some Artwork today @Eden1919 

I am up early despite going to bed late, and waking in the night. My plan is to go slower today also.

Ive been doing a lot, yet feel in-productive and then hyper-sensitive with people. Not on the occasion. Actually I'd appear quite the opposite. But I feel mistrust and don't know why. 
I think I'll spend some time on clearing out what's toxic today.

Ill check later.

Happy Art Day. ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance