Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Do you feel detatched from everyone around you

No I wont burn out. I left work this year as my complex ptsd was diagnosed. Up till that time I was all these years being treated for depression. Finally I received answers from the cousellor I was referred to by the NSW Justice Department as a Victim of Crime. Thank goodness I have weekly counselling now. My biggest battle was with Centrelink. Although I had 3 drs Certificates diagnosing Complex PTSD Centerlink hounded me to work. If i c was able yo qirk i would not have left my goid position in Government

Glad you have a regular counsellor. Were you working with FA ... not one yourself?  A lot of their stories are very difficult.

A lot of people have had trouble with Centrelink this year, according to the news.  I am an ex public servant too ... cant do as much as I used to ..

Hi just found this post.
its lonely being surrounded by people and not feeling connection to anyone .
I am spending Xmas with my family for first time since my accident that started my downwards spiraling. At times they seem like total stranger s.
I walk through shopping centers and feel like it's a 3d movie I am watching but not part of.
Scorpion

Yes I am a Forgotten Australian I had 9 placements in 9 years 3 within government institutions and the others with foster care. My sister who is 1 year older my brother 1year younger were torn apart when we became state wards. I lost my family. My mother and father (thank goodness he is dead). I also lost another full blooded sister as my parents got back together 3 years later she fell pregnant. I finally got to meet my sister (who was adopted when i was 36 years old). The government told my mother well its obvious you cant mind three so you best adopt this one.
I was physically, mentally, psychologically and sexually abused many times in my last placement over 5 years.
I feel very disconnected but what is worse is watching the damage that my life has has on my children. I had no one to show me how to mother. I confided too much in my children. Now at 64 our relationship is disjointed. Few people understand the dilemma of an FA and having complex PTSD is hard to make friends.

My journey is long and I wasnt ready to leave my job in the Qld State Government but my flasbacks took me to another place and my concentation lacked I made big mistakes let my team down. Now I have weekly counselling and have learnt to do meditation and practicing mindfulness.
I have written several Ministerials and FAs can now have SPECIAL CONSIDERATION written on their file so that their case can be handled a lot more delicately.

Scorpion

Yes it is that old saying that one can be in a crowded room but still feel alone.

I know that well.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance