Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

scotty
Casual Contributor

Feeling a bit better

Goodevening to everyone.Thanks for the kind messages. I dont know whether i am coming or going sometimes.I sometimes just want to dissapear for hours doing nothing except thinking.I am 65 and basicly retired but having trouble adapting to having time on my hands.I feel as if i am a waste of space.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Feeling a bit better

Hi @scotty 

Welcome to the forums.

I see in your subject title that you have said "Feeling a bit better". I hope this means that things are improving since your original comment here. It looks like you've had a fair few responses to your original comment. I encourage you to jump back in to your original thread and have a read - there is a lot of great advice and above all, a lot of support for you. Press here to find your original comment & replies.

Change can have a variety of affects to people's mental health. Retirement is a HUGE change in your life, so working towards adapting and making plans to adjust, is vital.

Have you heard of Mensline before? They offer professional telephone and online support and information for men. They have some information specifically about adjusting to retirement - you can read it here

As I mentioned above - there were a lot of other members who responded to your original post, which you might find helpful. You can find it here

I hope you continue to contribute to these forums & find them helpful.

NikNik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance