Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

Im glad to hear your well @Appleblossom
Im grateful to you and my forum friends too.
Im so glad your son acknowledged something good about his childhood. I hope he will see some other good things too. 💕💕💕

He has moved to an area we lived in when he was 8-10 ... triggers memories and reflection.

Heart

Noticing you are quiet @outlander 

Hugs

Heart

@Appleblossom 💕
Yeah abit tough at my end. Spiralling down abit. Quite tired trying to manage pain and life and supports that just add pressures.

Are you up to much this weekend?

I figured. @outlander 

Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Not much I can say, but send good virtual vibes.

Heart

Maybe it will be better if you do not have too much responsibility for others.  It is hard moving from caring roles, when one's identity is shaped that way.

I know you know .... HugsI know you know .... Hugs

that is ok @Appleblossom you being here is more then enough. no fancy words needed Heart thank you Heart

@Appleblossom  I’m not sure what “ reimagining “ means, sorry. I looked it up but seems strange, or to me in the context of the conversation.

Ooooh maybe its just that for a long time things looked very bleak.  I did not think I would be able to think of anything that would make all the pain worthwhile, but eventually I began to see and find ways to live and get some positive pleasure.  So in that sense my old imagination has opened up.  I am still same core person and nothing diminishes the tragedies but I find I can feel moments of joy and am able to laugh.

Smiley Happy

At times I can get het up in  my hurt and anger.

Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

The laughing thing is key. I only remember laughing a couple of times as a child when my grandfather was deliberately being silly.  Then later my 2 biological children were trying to cheer me up. Too much pain at the time so my laughter may have been forced, but I have to treasure those memories.

Heart

Hugs @Maggie  Hope your new home offers new simple pleasure.

Heart

Hi @Appleblossom . I’ve just caught up. I may be wrong but I think I am in a similar place with letting go. One of the ones that live with me told me yesterday that he wants to move out on his own and rent a tiny apartment. I can’t say that didn’t hurt. I understand his choice but it still hurt. I am getting closer and closer to that living alone time. They are all flying the coop now. 

I think like you I look to next year to do some things for me and find me beyond a mum. The last time I tried that was in 2011 when I went to uni and that ended in disaster. 

I am looking with eyes open for now but until the financial and property settlement stresses are over I’m notable to do much. For now I’ll ride this year out and maybe start some new things when the new year starts up again. 

Sending hugs and support for all the hard tricky, hurtful times. Sending hugs for the moments that bring you joy as well and all in between. 💜🤗💜🤗💜🤗

@Appleblossom  💙💙💜

BD82D860-8A85-4FA0-A123-E444D60CA020.jpeg255FE82D-AEED-424F-8547-DB694F5FCBC2.jpeg

Eyes Wide Open

is a good way to be, but sadly took me a long long time to get to ...

lol ...and they still dont work proper like.

@Teej 

Heart

Hope your mum life is trravelling well and the other non mum part.

Smiley Happy

@Maggie 

Beautiful pics.

Smiley Happy

Back on hypertension meds today as blood pressure up too high for one thinking that they were calm ... says my new gp ... and I am being sensible and following advice ... but somehow I knew I was going to be tweaking those meds for a long time.  Too much pressure on me for too long.

warrprincess.jpg

Enjoying pics that my wonky eyes can manage to see.

Just in, sweating, from rescuing new plant blown over in the hot wind.

thelittlegardener_emilyhughes3.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance