Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

Hello @Appleblossom 

Not so good about your neck but it is good to hear other things are going well for you.

Heart

@Appleblossom  💚💚💚

Hi @Appleblossom 

I know you have read a great deal and I have been re-reading a book called Women who Run with the Wolves and I have been wondering if you have read it

I have obviously read this book a lot in the past - though it has been languishing on my bookshelves for a long time - I have annotated it so much it is really interesting to note what I commented upon so long ago - 

Last night I read a great deal about women who thought they had been born into the wrong family - eg - The Ugly Duckling stories - I certainly identify with that one and I am glad I was an Ugly Duckling because I feel free to be who I am now

Just asking actually - I do feel like starting an Ugly Duckling Thread for other Ugly Duckling. 

Dec

@Owlunar 

Thanks for asking. 

Smiley Happy

Yes it is one of the books that probably kept me going through me bad period. I dont buy many books considering my reading but I bought it in 1993. I had been reading many fairy stories to my children and needed the adult interpretation of womanhood and motherhood for the little bit of sanity I still possessed att. Yes I relate to the Ugly Duckling story.

Off top of my head I remember a story about an old lady singing the bones of her dead.

Heart

Womanrunwolves.jpg

@Maggie 

Heart

@WandererThank you.  I know you understand physical issues.

Heart

Had a good meal and chat and tele with my son last night.  He showed me the series "Cuckoo" which we can both laugh out loud at.

Smiley Very Happy

@Appleblossom  💛💛

@Appleblossom ❤❤

Hi @Appleblossom 

I bought the book in 1994 and how heavily annotated it is! - I was newly a grandmother then - my annotations have reminders of what I must tell my grand-daughter - whether I have or not I have forgotten but she is an independent woman living interstate now - doing okay I am sure

I had to struggle a lot with motherhood issues - and daughter issues - I am totally sure I am an Ugly Duckling who found herself in a chicken's nest - and alas - my mother was to be the character in a short story I wrote about a stupid chicken who had no idea of what she had in her nest. AI! - what would I do next to embarrass my family - it was enlightening to read that I was vindicating myself gently by surviving - and I have - sure now that I have met my own kind in the world - many people in this forum 

I am researching why so many women have such a poor self-image - I need to get my computer updated with the soft-ware to deal with this - reducing my pain medication is making this hard work - I need to get myself up to the Good Guys but it takes all day to get the pain to settle. This is not fun but I have started writing in long-hand - it takes longer - that's all - 

What comes through my research strongly is that we are not mad, strange, odd, weird, bad, wrong - etc etc just because the world tells us this is true - we are different - I am different - complicated - getting more like one of my grandmothers though I have already lived longer than her. What a treasure I have found

I want to share it - hence the research and the writing

Thanks Apple - you are an inspiration to me

Dec

@Appleblossom 💕💛

Hugs Bella

@outlander 

How are you?

I went to IWD First Nation sisters rally this week.

Heart

@ethPlaying Archie and Shane H. (got online music and licence)

Thinking of you.

Heart

Hi @Appleblossom Hope today's a good one for you.  You're usually busy on the weekends I think but if you want to catch up I'm around today.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance