Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

GeminiLion
Senior Contributor

Good Luck. People do care. <3

It really upset me that we belong in a society which there is non self encouragement. There are all these groups established but you question what they actually do. I see someone that provides monthly connection, and she use to work for a company. She said they are just students or other people acting as volunteers who should be doing other things. And a computer software. Establishments are just last resort.

A number of years ago I asked for service but only had doors closed in my face. Thinking things would have changed, I again in January asked for service. But guess what. Doors again slam in my face. No wonder society give in.

I am stranded. I stay away from social media (or be it no more to just minimal). There is too many issues. I now look back to how existence was like before the web. How we had to stand on our own feet. Accept the just me. There wasn’t any awareness of people with my condition. I do see some people in society and wonder if they too are the forgotten generation and is that me in the future.

I have tried out this one. Heard about via a course but it may be just like the others. Contributors on here seem fine and great. But like other sites it could be same. I don’t feel accepted and don’t feel I am appreciated and difficult to navigate. It is alright. I got use to being just me when I was little. Don’t want to leave but maybe I should (be best). Wish everyone the best anyway. Love. Keep good. Some of us are out there caring.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Good Luck. People do care. <3

Hey again @GeminiLion. I feel sad and sorry to hear that you don't feel accepted or appreciated here, and that you're finding it difficult to navigate (if I have understood correctly). I think many of us have felt like we don't fit in in the offline world and I'd like to believe there is a place for all of us here. Is there anything we could do to help you settle in here?

I'm also sorry to hear that you've had doors close and slam in your face. Again I think that is something many of us can understand the frustration and pain of. It makes me feel even more isolated and on my own when it happens.

I agree that there are people out there caring. I hope you're able to feel some of that yourself here. There are people here who will listen if you'd like to keep chatting and sharing.

We're sorry to hear that you don't feel accepted or appreciated here @GeminiLion, we definitely don't want you to have that experience. Online can definitely be a hard place to navigate when we haven't grown up with it, have you thought about doing a course through your local library - they offer things like how to navigate online and they may also offer courses in Microsoft documents, which can help you while you are looking for a job. Maybe looking at courses through your local council might help - you can meet people and gain new skills! - what do you think?

Thanks. Im always getting in trouble when don't mean too. In person or online. Mine you, I just pulled someone up on their communication I got in an email today. I generally have to get other people to read for me because I can misinterpret too. Just easier keeping to myself and say nothing:/ But let's not be negative. I have come a long way witg writing skills. From someone who was in "special" class in primary school for learning to someone who  now has completed several degrees (lol a professional student). 

What are you saying? 

I have microsoft on my devices. Im not advance but above satisfactory skilled. I has to teach myself but there plenty of tutorial videos. I watch how to videos on many things

Nice to 'see' you again @GeminiLion 🙂

Having other people read over things to try and counter misinterpretation that can happen so easily is a great strategy. I think written communication can be especially difficult to interpret.

I hear you with getting into trouble but not meaning to. I find myself in trouble sometimes as I have difficulty biting my tongue. In a way written communication works better for me as it allows me to stop and pause before I say anything. Learning to 'respond' rather than 'react' has been a challenge and one I'm still working on.

It's great that you're able to acknowledge you've come a long way. What have you enjoyed studying the most? I loved studying and am really hoping I can get back into it one day (soon-ish 🤞).

It sounds like you have great experience and knowledge @GeminiLion, apologies, Microsoft Office can be a hard beast to tackle and I know that it's becoming a requirement of many employers now. What subjects are your degrees in?

Also, just wanted to pass on a forum tip. You can tag people in your replies (so they get a notification that you've responded) by typing the @ symbol and their name. @GeminiLion Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance