Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lastchance
New Contributor

Grandkids

Grandkids keep me going. I’ve been on meds 30 years and the one thing that works the most when I’m down and out and feel I can’t do it anymore. I know they need me. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Grandkids

Hey there @Lastchance, I'm glad you find your grandkids a reason to keep going. We all need our reasons to keep putting one foot in front of the other so to speak.

Hi @Lastchance,

Welcome to the SANE Forums! Smiley Happy There are so many wonderful and supportive people here on the Forums who can personally relate to experiencing the special love of a Grandchild. As @Queenie said, we all need a reason to live - it sounds like your Grandkids are yours. I hear that you are invaluable to them and they both love and need you very much!

I'm sorry that you have not received many replies on this post. Hopefully, after browsing some of the other threads you mentioned, you were able to introduce yourself and seek support. If you have not commented on other threads, you may want to get to know other people with lived experience of mental illness in the "Introduce yourself here" thread.

Take care of yourself and please reach out in the Forums, if you need!

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hi @Lastchance 

im struggling st the moment but I have a one yr old grand daughter and she keeps me going. 

Nice to meet you. 😊

Yes anytime I think bad thoughts I think of my 3 and a half year old grandson. He gives me a reason to keep going. Glad yours keeps you going. Yours should be into everything now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance