Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

pohey
New Contributor

Hard to stop

Hey, I'm new to this but really wanted a place to be able to share my story. Many years ago now I was unhappy  and struggled through multiple eating disorders over the years. I then managed to get everything under control and had been going strong for the last 2 years but am starting to relapse. I have recently been a fit person these last 2 years but the eating disorder is taking over. I'm just finding it really hard to stop. It's really hard for me because anytime this happens I'm instantly reminded of when I was much  an unhappy person as I was suffering through severe anxiety and depression at the time as well. 

I am going to attempt to meditate after dinner(when it really gets bad) to try and keep myself level headed and occupied but I was wondering if anyone had any strategies I could try??

Thanks for letting me share 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hard to stop

I struggle with it too @pohey 

When I am on top of it I keep making sure I shop well and healthy, but often it rears its head again.  I am thinking it is tied in with self esteem problems for me. That I want to punish myself with it or that I dont deserve to just be happy ...

Work in progress here 

Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forum 

Smiley Happy

Re: Hard to stop

Welcome to the forums @pohey and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Living through multiple eating disorders for years must have been an incredibly difficult time and we're sorry you are now being reminded of a time when you were an unhappy person. The period where you were going strong for 2 years sounds like you were enjoying some positive things in your life. We're glad you had this time and hope you can find the same strength again.

You mentioned getting everything 'under control' years ago and wonder if you remember the kinds of things that helped you stay level-headed last time? Keep sharing and let us know how you are going. You are not alone in this.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance