Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

suzanne
Senior Contributor

Hello to everyone staying in tonight :)

Once upon a time I wouldn't have considered staying in on New Years Eve.  But now it's THE place to be!  No crowds, no queues, good conversation and easy access to chocolate.  Sorted.

Who else is staying in tonight?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Hello to everyone staying in tonight :)

Me. I hate fireworks, and crowds.
I also have work tomorrow morning. So I will going to bed at my normal time and hoping my meds knock me out so I don't wake during the fireworks at the nearby park.
I hate taking meds, but I am growing to like the fact that once I'm asleep I can sleep through anything.

I am frankly amazed I made it through 2015.
But I am also amazed at my progress.

This time last year I didn't see much point to continuing. Today I am proud of my achievements this year (accepting meds, extra therapy, chose a heifer). I have goals for next year. I have things to look forward to.

What a great place to be in on new years eve @Crazy_Bug_Lady. Such amazing progress and much to hope for in 2016.

Looks like it's just you and me in tonight!  Perhaps we should have our toast now as we're both likely to be tucked up on bed at midnight 🙂

You are not alone and I'm thinking of you. I'm home alone and will be asleep long before the midnight hour. I'm doing it a bit tough. I didn't achieve my main goal (get my weight undercontrol) it will be a goal that rolls over but it has to happen not just for my mental wellbeing but for my physical health too. Before Christmas I did find the strenght to cut off a dying relationship that had dragged on for too long under changed circumstances. It's hurting me tonight but it had no future.  

My main focus in the new year will be to help my daughter get healthy. It's breaking my heart to watch her follow the path I trod. If anybody knows if there's a moment when the first onset of depression can be defeated I would really love to know.

Hi @NP0094, thanks for dropping in on our ever-so-casual new years eve non-gathering!  I'm sorry to hear that you're starting the new year with a few challenges.  Are you saying that your daughter is starting to experience depression?  If so, I'd recomend some cognitive behavioural therapy for her to try to tackle the underlying thought and behavioural patterns before they get too set in.  How old is she? 

My daughter is turning 22. She is struggling to manage anything more than working ,eating and sleeping. She sees no joy in being. She had a few medical episodes and these have been diagnosed as stress. It feels like dejuvue to me. Anyway I will keep a close eye on her. Hope your travelling well tonight.

Hi everyone,

I'm home now with partner until close to midnight, when will go over to the beach to watch the distant fireworks and see if there's anything impromptu that people are doing locally. Sometimes a few fire twirlers turn up or someone sets off small fireworks here. I like being at the beach on new year. It's my favorite time of year really, for the feeling that I can start again next year with things that haven't worked out over the past 12 months.

Earlier I spent a couple of hours with a friend and her friends, two new women I hadn't met before. I was a bit apprehensive about how it would go meeting new people on this night when I really like to feel as comfortable and good as possible. But they were great. We even had a little lounge room dance. Cat Happy

I certainly plan to stay awake past midnight. It's been a tradition for me to stay awake until dawn on the 1st of January if I can. Not sure I'll make it tonight but the spirit is willing. I have such good memories of special new year's past and the dawn breaking on the new year.

Sleep well or enjoy the waking hours into the fresh year, forumites, however it takes your fancy. Thanks so much for being a part of my life in 2015. Cat Happy

Kids and I just got home, I braved the crowds and noise to go to the family friendly picnic/fireworks. Kids haven't been to them before and they had a ball. But phew glad to be home again, it's a handful taking them to these things alone.
It's still pretty hot here, so going to have a cold one while I wait for the new year 🙂
Lj

I did stay in but was glad i did am so over it all at my age i can not do it but it is longer fun

Well done @Mazarita and @Former-Member for getting out there.  Finding the courage to meet new people is a good start for the new year.  I reckon that courage gets rewarded in life.  So nice to hear that your kids had fun at the fireworks LJ.  It's such an exciting event for young 'uns.  You did good!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance