Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Alone2
New Contributor

Hi I'm New

Hello everyone. I'm new here and a bit shy. I'm creative , spiritual person. I've been diagnosed with complex PTSD and anxiety disorder. I came on the forums because things are a bit scary at the moment after libing in an abusive relationship followed by being bullied in a communal living. I'm 47 - and self esteem well thats not so good at the moment. I'm a bit lost round here so if I make any mistakes sorry , I just never really had support, But my partner says I need to discuss things with ... Who knows . Sorry Just really shy

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hi I'm New

@Alone2 Hi Alone2 and welcome to Sane Forums! I do not have your diagnosis but just wanted to say Hi to encourage you to look at the various threads particularly ones like the Good Morning thread and Friday Night Feast which are great ways to get to know people.  We are a very friendly bunch and speaking for myself the more the merrier.

So I look forward to seeing you around the board.

Hello @Alone2 I think you will find forum folk friendly and supportive. I've been here a few months and the things I like are that there's a lot of openness and no judgement. It took me a whie to sort out how it worked but it was well worth it. It sounds like you've had a really rough time. Be gentle with yourself.

PS If you want to tag someone put @ then their forum name 

PPS the little bell in the top right of the page takes you to your notifications - you'll get one if someone tags you and if someone responds to a conversation you've been in

Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hello @Alone2

A very warm welcome to the forums, it is nice to meet you 🙂

It sounds like you have been going through an extremely tough time with experiencing abuse in a relationship and bullying where you were living, which has impacted on your self esteem - it is great you have come on to the forums for extra support at the moment.

There are some other members with complex PTSD, you might like to read through some of their threads.

There is a great thread by @Rick that is called 'complex PTSD' as well as another great thread by @janedoe2 called 'CPTSD resolution'

We also held a Healthy Minds Webcast Series - 'Healing Trauma', that might be worth reading through too.

I look forward to getting to know you better 🙂

Lunar

Hello @Alone2 and welcome to the forum Smiley HappyHeart

utopia
Senior Contributor

Welcome @Alone2. So glad you wrote here. I remember being a bit nervous when I first came to the Forum about a year and a half ago. Took me a fair while to learn how to navigate around the sites. So if you get stuck - just ask - we've all been there and we will help.
I hope to see you around the Forum sites. We have some serious threads and some common interest threads, some catch up for a virtual coffee and a chat threads and lots of silly threads. So have a look around and join in a conversation on any thread. You will be more than welcome.

Welcome to the forums, @Alone2

Take your time, look around and if you want to post, do it.

We were all new once but we all belong.

This is the place to chat or sit or vent.

I've found most people to be supportive.

Take care.

Awpgirl
Senior Contributor

Hi @Alone2 I'm new too and have severe PTSD ; depression; aggrophobia and a serious cardiac condition.

Nice to meet you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance