Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

SundayGirl20
New Contributor

Hi I’m new here

Hi I'm new here . I am 45 years old with a six year old son who has a severe learning delay . I have bee married since October 2012 . I have been in an unhappy relationship / marriage for about that same amount of time . I have clinical depression and have had it since 24 years of age . I experienced High  levels of anxiety during my pregnancy . I am not coping that well with the current lockdown and am very lonely and feel I have nobody . I joined on here to get support . 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi I’m new here

Hi @SundayGirl20 , welcome. Sorry to hear about your loneliness and your unhappy marriage. It's good that you've joined the forums for some support at this difficult time of lockdown. 

Do you have any professional support for your clinical depression and potential anxiety? A psychologist, psychiatrist, supportive GP or maybe meds?

If you're homeschooling your son during lockdown, that would also be hard. I hope you are OK.

Hi @SundayGirl20,

I'm fairly new to this too. I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. My 8 yr old son is being home schooled at the moment and he has behavioural issues which is difficult. I also have depression and anxiety. I'm happy to chat if ever you want someone to talk to.😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi and welcome @SundayGirl20 , I am sorry you feel so lonely, you have definitely come to the right place. We are always up of a chat and to listen to whatever you need to say. I was in an unhappy marriage for 13 yrs and was staying for the kids but in the end I had to walk away. So I can feel your pain. I am happy to chat or listen whenever you want.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance