Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Hi, just introducing myself...

@outlander  Thank you so much for your lovely message. I have a suspicion you might be a sci-fi fan? I am too. 🙂 

Creatively, I love to draw, paint, do photography, write, sculpt, and almost anything else that anyone will teach me. The more unhappy or scared I am, the less I do art, which is beginning to go beyond saddening, and is actually pi**ing me off, I think that's a good sign and potential motivator, haha 🙂

My doctor did do an enhanced primary care plan for me last year that included 2 visits to an exercise physiologist but I have to use all 5 of them for the physio. 😞 So I never even met her, yes I think I should revisit that idea. What exactly does an exercise physiologist do?

I have a nice shrink. She's a fair way away (I live rurally) and I have to take time off work to go to her, and only ten sessions a year unless I feel rich, you know the drill... but I have three good caring humans who I talk to regularly, and two of them actually "get it" from their own personal experience. The other doesn't get it, obviously I wouldn't wish all this depression and anxiety and shame on him just so he could get it! lol... he does his best to be kind, he really tries, but I often minimise what's going on when I talk to him because he's only going to say something that feels (unintentionally) invalidating. But he cares very much and that matters.

Thank you for your interest and concern, @outlander , you have a great day 🙂

Good morning @Melanie-cat  and welcome to our forum family. I am 55 lady and live with 2 of my boys that love fighting and arguing and my 13yr old has Autism/anxiety so he can be pretty full on and my 25yr old is my career but not good at it.

I have BPD, major depression, social anxiety, panic attacks and agraphobia so I spend my days in bed just watching fox recordings Sci-fi and my crocheting.  I have been struggling for a couple,of months now,  my psychiatrist went on long service leave and I can't see him till 30th October and my reference to see my psychologist from last year has also on holidays till next week and get St.

I come on here a lot as my family forums are keeping me safe till I can get to Mr psychiatrist, I think my meds aren't working like they should as I have no motivation to get up and would like to go for walks but my social anxiety is really major, I have applied for the NDIS 2nd time now and hoping it goes through this time, if not then I don't really know what I will do

@saturnzoon  Hello, it's nice to meet you. Good for you using the forums to keep yourself feeling connected. I wish you a day of unexpected tiny little good moments, bright glowy things, and deep breaths of oxygen. 

Flowers smile.jpg

Hi @Melanie-cat .

Nice to meet you.Welcome aboard.

You are around a lot of great people here.We all know how you're feeling.You 'll make a lot of nice friends here and find support too. I'm about 58 in a few days and I live in South Oz,on my own too.I understand how you feel. If you can do anything to look after you better then you are in front. We become our own most important person in our life in these situations.You are your own best friend.We do make mistakes because we are human.Never lose the real you.You are your brave hero.Reward yourself.It will make you feel better.You know you better than anyone.Its a good feeling.

There's a lot of places to post in the forums.Enjoy. I replied to one of your other posts/replies today.Hope to chat again.

Regards @Denv12 

hi @Melanie-cat
nah not really a sci-fi sort of person, never really took an interest into it.

wow lots of crafty things! I hope to try out some more things soon. yeah im the same, I want to do the crafty stuff but at the same time I don't or feel I just cant.

im not entirely sure of the plan I got but it wasn't the one with 5 sessions for a physio or allied health, it was a separate one and every 3 months I could get a renewal of the plan.
I cant say what every exercise physiologist does but I can share my experience with you. Basically we sat down to start with and discussed what my main concerns were in regards to my health and fitness- for me its my injuries and trying to work out exercises that done cause so much pain along with eating habits. we then worked out what sort of exercises we could try out. they generally have an exercise room so they can help you work on your fitness in a supervised environement and also see how you feel with each exercise and alter them if needed as well.

im really glad to hear you have nice people around you whether they get it or not and also a psych as well. having those supports is really helpful in those times of need.

hi @Melanie-cat 

I'm a schizophrenic with rage issues and I manage to work 2 casual library jobs, care well for my cat and hike 20-30kms a week. So I reckon you should be able to achieve whatever you want with your mental illness.

I'm in healthy BMI range but I usually overeat all night, every night. I'm trying to cut down on food, work keeps me pretty busy & I can't eat there while I'm on shift. I'm a good cook tho so it's hard to shift my focus & creativity onto something other than cooking & eating. Cooked up an absolute storm of kale this morning! I've got a great, healthy, spicy black bean & choccy cookie recipe. It uses black beans in place of flour & just a few tbsp maple syrup in place of sugar. They're  awesome & come out really fudgy, it's amazing.

I'm researching supplements (e.g. B-vitamins) as an adjunct to anti-psychotics. Are you on any supplements & do you find them helpful?

What a great intro !!  I've just joined myself and i'm a 60 yr-old female.  I really admire your honesty with yourself and your great positive "self-talk".  My self-talk has been pretty bad lately, so you have just lifted my mood !!  I'm still learning how this forum works.  I find I sometimes just really need someone to "chat" to;  sort of like-minded, so that's why I've joined in.  Hope to learn something here as I can feel myself descending a little.

hi @Joy99 and welcome!
please feel free to have a look around and join in where you like as well as creating a thread for yourself so we can follow along with your journey 🙂
a little forum tip is to put an @ before a members name and itll tag them for you.
Though im in my very early 20s, I feel I can relate to many people and im more then happy to chat with you anytime that you need. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance