Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: I'm new here. Need the help.

Hi, I do appreciate the advice, but I've done exactly all those things and explained them in my OP. I had to leave my job back in March as I was out of leave and they couldn't give me another role, and have been bouncing from job to job, only lasting a few weeks each time as I cannot mentally handle employment of any kind right now.

I used up all my free appointments, and they were with counsellors, not licenced psychologists. I'm seeing a bulk billing psychologist so I can be properly diagnosed. They suspect it's bipolar disorder.

Thanks for showing support and concern.

Also, I've worked in government (that was actually where my call centre job was), and I can guarantee that proving a WorkCover claim against them would be a fruitless exercise. I had to listen to people talk about this exact issue on a telephone almost 5 out of 5 days a week.

Hey all,

This is all new to me also and I am struggling to accept this diagnosis or that this is what is wrong with me.

I was diagnosed yesterday and my PTSD upgraded to Complex PTSD, the mental health team have assured me that i can improve and get better but i have been like this for 30 years and have been pushed from pillar to post and told there is nothing wrong with me and i should get over it, i have an amazing husband but cant help think that at the first sign of escape he will be out of here.

Its good to read others shared stories and how they are on their journey, surely there is a light at the end of the tunnel, its just a bloody looooooong tunnel.

I'm glad you found some solace in my post. Take care Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance