Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with MI and Making friends

Trust me loopy there is nothing to be sorry for.  Friends require time and energy and like my trust I don't give that out to just anyone.

@JT I truly admire the acceptance that you have for yourself, and how expect nothing less from the people that you choose to surround yourself with.  Heart 

Being alone in a crowded room is much more enjoyable when you don't have a vested interest Smiley Wink

@Alessandra1992 , I've noticed that the '@' feature to other members did not work in your post. Still can't figure it out, and I have logged the issue with IT. But in the mean time, I thought I'd '@' members for you. 

@chemonro @kristin @Uggbootdiva @kato @PeppiPatty @Ma60 - what are your thought in respnse to Alessandra? Hope this makes sense, but I'm tagging you on her behalf. 

Totally re. stop hiring in 30s /40s. so much harder to make new friends in this age group. It takes ages, by which time I have swung either up or down again on the moodometer...

@JT so so true! re. crowded room.
I don't work like that, but great for you. sound like a lot of self acceptance and wisdom.

I think it was because she didn't leave a space and put commas straight after?
eg. @chemonro,@cherrybomb,
as opposed to @kato @CherryBomb ?

Like many here, the trust thing is the biggest hurdle......once it has been abused many times, you do learn....one thing I have learned the hard way is to manage friends in this fashion. I am the centre point like a stone in a pond, and friends are allocated to the rings about me again using the parable of the stone and pond. There are far more on the circle at the outermost ring, and very few on the innermost ring. How they are sorted is the trick of it!

Have you ever gone out with someone who spent the whole time complaining about the expense and the service and the food and the expense and the expense? And did I mention the prices?! 

For me friendship and good times spent together is what makes life worthwhile, and about the only thing I've never regretted spending time and money on. Call it an investment in your mental health! 

Sandy, very wise and true words. Anominity is good because you can ,pardon the phrase, spill your guts, and no one will judge you only offer words of encouragement and or wisdom. This forum is super.

loopy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance