Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with MI and Making friends

Hi @Loopy how's today looking?

Can I ask...what it is that you would like to do when you say, 'I know what I want to do, but no one wins?'

Fancy a natter?

karma, I am sorry for that slip of the tongue, but at the time I had been suffering the pain of Cellilitus in the left leg for over three week. Pain killers do not help and because I have had so many anti biotics in such a short time I am not able to have anymore, orally, at this stage. The next stage is hospital and IV antibiotics by the bucket full. Six times I have had this in 7 weeks. The words meant, "take to many pills"but now I am aware that this is not the place to say things like that but through tears I just had given up. Saw my shrink 3/11 and spoke for over a hour , helped abit, but decided, been there done that and failed far to many times and I could not face another failure. tHANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT AND OFFER, IT MEANS THAT i NOW REALLY BELIEVE MY OWN WORDS WE DO CARE IN THIS FORUM for each and everyone.

On the upper.

loopy.Smiley SadSmiley IndifferentSmiley Wink

Something I have learnt is that when I was ill, I was extremely intense with conversation and me not realising that..did not realise how anti magnetic that is to most folks. Mostly people just want a friend who is light of heart and umm mind, they want someone who will make them laugh and feel good. This is not a bad thing by any means, but the trick f it is knowing what sort of friendship is required.

@Loopy, thanks for updating us Smiley Happy

Physical health I liken to a car...when it is running well it's a dream, but when they break down they're a curse!

Here's to a speedy recovery...your medicine, a healthy dose of lived experience forum, administer daily, (hee hee)!

karma, had a good talk with my shrink and said that intence pain can cause a depression relaps, he gave me some pain relief and sleeper. i must admit i feel a bit better also words of encouragement from this forum are a great help.“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” 

kind regards,

loopy.

karma,  “All things are difficult before they are easy  "

loopy

I couldn't think of any words for you loopy except for this.
You inspire me to work harder on myself to try and get somewhere closer in my health to where you are with yours, your journey is such a journey that you should be very proud of how far you have come already and that you will always have people who care for you whether known or unknowns - ie people from the forum.
Every small step is another small step closer to the giant leap we are all aiming for. I hope that makes sense to you..... I am never really good at putting my thoughts into words lol
I hope and pray that you are feeling in a better place mind body and soul

kato, I thank you for your kind thoughts and comments. With age comes alittle more wisdom. Unfortunately I don't always take notice of my words to others. I am overwhelmed by the comments I have received, but with age comes wisdom, so they say. Also I do feel a bit better and mostly because of this forum and its members. Words cannot express my gratitude. "When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back."

loopy

loopy,

Enjoy reading your posts.

Dear wacky world,

how are you ? I've always 'done my own thing,' but similar to many other teens when teens were around,,,,1080 to 1983 esp. I was massively bullied at high school. Then, did my own thing when in my 20s and 30s and now 40s. I'm reminded though, I can still speak I do my own thing .....but do I have those special two friends that your supposed to have ? No I don't but .....got this forum I feel okay in.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance