Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Cookiedough
Casual Contributor

Lost what to do

Hi everyone, im really at a point where I am lost what to do. my partner of 2 yrs who suffers from depression broke up with me in December. he is still in my house, While i moved back to my parents. On a work trip straight after, he has immediately met a new girl, and started drinking, smoking and I would not be surprised if he started drugs too. He didnt want me there to support him but this is completely not him. He was seeking help before, he was seeing a therpist for a few months and just started meds. i really dont understand how it became like this? Plus he is still in my house and the breakup was amicable until he decided to post a photo of the new girl on social media. Its like he has completely gone off the rails which i really think is his depression. He is due to come back from work on monday, and I really dont know what to say to him, he is a kind man, but I dont know why he has become like this. He never used to smoke or drink. Trying to make sense of it all...

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost what to do

Hi Cookiedough, it sounds messy and difficult especially with a third person involved. First thing might be to ask yourself what you want from the situation. Do you want him out of the house? Do you hope to get back together with him? If not, do you think you can continue as friends?

Re: Lost what to do

Hi @Gilbert, definately messy! 

I want him out of my house for sure, I have already agreed a date with him (before this all unfolded). 

I dont want him back at all, I just want him to help himself and see that what he is doing is not okay and if he doesnt stop he will cause himself some serious harm. The third party- I think she is being used as a distraction to be completely honest and thinking back, I probably was too (we got together one month after his break up to his ex of 7yrs who cheated on him)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance