Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Hospital Stay

Hi @utopia

I hope you sette in really fast and get better and have the time to get better - it's not easy - this I know

I am glad you are in a private clinic - you have a better chance of recovering there - I daresay they will have groups during the week - I always found groups helpful but everyone is different

Did you sleep well? Or is it too soon to relax?

Thinking of you

Dec

@oceangirl. I was thinking 'a sane person - all the patients are sane here - it's more the outside world that is "nuts". Lol.
Then I saw @Faith-and-Hope post - so yes - a SANE person. Maybe I could let everybody 'bid' to be my SANE Forum person. See if I get any other offers. Those that can come and bring me cigarettes and chocolate - in the real world - will win the auction.
@Former-Member. Yes I discovered the hot chocolate today - I don't drink tea or coffee - so I've already consumed two drinks. I'm sorry the public system doesn't offer a few more options. Not even cordial! !! That's rough. Maybe your family could bring you in a few treats.
To @Owlunar @Former-Member & I forget everyone elses names (no offence) - I'm okay. It will take a few days to settle in. But I've met some nice people in the smoko courtyard. I've decided that giving up alcohol and cigarettes at the same time is too much, too hard. So I'm still smoking.
I might use this post to keep a daily journal - as I didn't pack a notebook or paper. Or food, or thongs, or extra cigarettes or cash. Not well organised.

@Former-Member. I love the picture of the dogs hugging. I needed that hug. So thank you.
Hugging you back. ♥

Thank you @Former-Member. Yes practic works best for me. So I appreciate your response. No gardens or grass here. A courtyard with a few non flowering plants. So no wildlife - except for ants and flies.

It sounds a bit barren @utopia - but then - I can look outside my room her and see some bushes - not flowers - grass and someone else's car and unit and rainrainrain

If it was possible - which it is not alas - I would bring you some cigarettes - I quit 6 mobile phones ago - but I can still buy them if I don't look at the pics on the packet - you need your smokes right now

I used to take my son more than enough cigarettes when he was in Juvenile Detention - he was allowed to have 10 a day so I took in extras so he could some to boys who didn't have any

And why not keep your journal here - we can all read whatever feel okay about sharing and you have your record -

Sheesh - I do hope you can bott some smokes off someone else - people are usually pretty decent about that - but you need your own yeah - I get that

Dec

I hope you sette in really fast and get better and have the time to get better , sending you lots of hugs @utopia HeartHeartHeart

Hope your day has been good @utopia

Hi @utopia

I don't think it was me that mention talking to a sane person each day, I think it mite have been @Former-Member

Hope you feel more comfortable and you start to improve from your hospital admission.

@utopia and @Former-Member : I hope you can have pillows plumped, thoughts being put at ease and reasons to smile again soon. I had no idea either of you were in hospital until I happened upon this thread, please do take care my friends... sending you love and light!

Day 2:
Woke up at 10.30 hearing my psychiatrists voice asking me how I am. Thought I was dreaming. No he's sitting at the end of my bed on a chair. Spoke to him for 15 minutes. His plan is to make a plan in about 5 days, after detoxing from the alcohol. That way he can see what my moods are really like. That makesssense to me. But I didn't think I waa detoxing. Didn't think 4 cans a day would need detox.
By midday I was really tired again and trying not to fall asleep. Alot of the patients were out on day leave and no activities / groups on in the afternoon.
I was get really adgitated and feeling emotional - so I asked for a prn - to calm me down. Then fell asleep again - nightmares - woke at 5.45 & rushed down to get dinner.
Adgitation started setting in again around 7pm. This time I was crying. Not knowing what to do. Feeling lost. So the nurse suggested the sane prn - but to take 2 instead of one - because it would work better with my detoxing body. Then I cried because I was detoxing - because that is something I am responsible for.
After 20 minutes the meds worked & I was no longer shaky or irritable.
I had my first shower in about 3 or 4 days & myfirst hair wash in over a week. That was enough to make me feel a lot better.
I'm just about to take the sleeping tablet the psychiatrist put me on - but tomorrow I'll ask him to make it a prn instead - as it took a while to come off them last time. His recommendation is 2 every night. I'll take 1 tonight because I have to, but hopefully won't need them after that.
So I'll say goodnight & hope everyone, whether at home or in hospital is safe and doing okay.
Love to you all. ♥♥♥♥♥
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance