Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

@Totman 

There has been a glimmer of hope today following a multidisciplinary meeting.

Plan on calling Mr D's case worker to ask where I can find quality information regarding mental health and cancer and how I can best support my man.

Yikes Totman, Red is out for me, have chosen to teetotal in support of my beloved as alcohol + Mr D's psych meds = not a good combination.

How has your day been?

Hi @Former-Member 

Sounds like your making enroads ... keep hammering it home I say... no prisoners I say in the need for clarity of process... as best as one can get !!!! You will know what you  are happy with... and settle for nothing  less 😃

We drink... our bad... but what works for you... 

Days been productive.... did well with my work... back in the office tomorrow as my daughter heads back to school and im the bus Uber... knocked over a lasagne in the kitchen tonight... happy to be seated!

Hope youre good all in all

@Totman 

Productive day = 👍

Always good to achieve something.

No judgement here, my choice not to drink alcohol, something I can do when we do often feel helpless. 

@Former-Member 

Glad tomoz I have less to try and get through work wise... nice

I refuse to Judge anyone in the circumstance of those supporting partners with mental health.. we do what we do as its the best for us... and it works....

How often do you get to the gym @Totman 

@Former-Member 

OHHHH the painnnnn .... before the "virus" I attended four times a week.... sooooo miss it... I am lucky in that I have still been able to see my boxing coach each week still... outside of course 😃

Do you attend gyms ???

Temporarily forgot about the restrictions @Totman  sounds like the one-on-one training has been a lifesaver.

Physical activity is one of my 'room for improvement' areas 😁, been donkeys years since I set foot in a gym.

My one on one training  has indeed been a savour @Former-Member 

Looking forward to when the restrictions on gyms are relaxed... and learning the new protocols.. but its a new learning curve... all good. 

I... have learnt ... for my own benefit.... the use of exercise and endorphins.... has been a great saviour on my part... its what works for me.. and helps me sort aging lol

We all have our love ways of helping ourselves.... 

Hi @Former-Member 

A wave from the West 👐.. and I hope things are working in both your and Mr D's corner at this point of the week !!!!!!

Still in limbo as today's appt rescheduled after we had presented but we press on @Totman .  We did get a couple of items crossed off the 'to do' list so that was a bonus.

How has your day been?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance