Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LMG
New Contributor

My story

Hi This is my first post, I suffer from mild depression and I feel disconnected and extremely lonely. It doesn’t make sense to me as I do have some close friends I can confide in but I don’t have much in the way of family. Up until 12 months ago I cared for my mother but she is now in care as I couldn’t cope with her at home. I try and keep myself busy with some volunteer work and I am fortunate in that I have some financial resources so I can travel a couple of times a year. However I feel there is no purpose to my existence and as I am only 62 don’t know what to try next! I am single and have no children. I know there are many far worse off than me but I am struggling on a daily basis, any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: My story

I do not have any advice for you  @LMG - but I hear you.  I understand about missing that something in my life. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance