Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jamc
Senior Contributor

New Year

Ok have had 3 hrs sleep my body wants more but my mind will not let me hope going to gym later on will help!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Senior Contributor

Re: New Year

Hi

I was wondering if you have tried any relaxation/sleep music? I have an ongoing problem of my mind racing  when i go to bed. Just cant switch off. I have found a sleep cd that works fot me. Its the sounds of the ocean and gentle piano music. It changes about every ten minutes to slightly different music, and i find that for the most part I'm focused on the music. It does take time, but with practice it really helps.

Hi @Jamc,

How you doing? Did you manage to get some sleep?

CherryBomb

You are awesome @Jamc :0)

@Chris you bring up a good topic: where did you find a good Cd with the ocean ?
I usually listen to Jon Kabat Zinn
But the ocean would be better
Chris
Senior Contributor

I found it on eBay. Called sleep with a picture of a lady asleep. I'm trying to find one with with rain /storm with music. So far no good. I've purchased several thinking it was what I wanted, but no. Fifteen years ago it was easy to purchase and you could try before you buy. Music shops seem to have very little  nowadays.

Jamc
Senior Contributor

That Sounds good have a half day Learn To Meditate Course just down the Road from me later this month think i might try it

Chris
Senior Contributor

Also have tried googling sleep hygene there are sugestions there. No doubt you have tried some of those things, but they are worth looking at. While doesnt address racing mind. It may prove helpful in establishing  a nighttime routine, couples with some soothing music.nothing worse than not being able too sleep because of a racing mind and feeling aggitated.

.....you have a .good way if explaining
Ille Google the sleeping lady on eBay and let you know
Thank you for reply
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance