Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Cazzie
Senior Contributor

Re: P.T.S.D

Is this what you're looking for @kristin ?  It was originally posted by @Loopy .  I'm still wading around in it and trying to get my head around it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

I've been around but lately have spent more of my time on the Carer's Forum.

Hi @Cazzie 

Thanks for replying, I meant a link or more info on the TV program you mentioned. I hoped I might find it on youtube or iview.

I hope you are travelling well.

Kind regards,

Kristin

Cazzie
Senior Contributor

Sorry @kristin, my mistake. It was the Channel 7 Sunday program presented by Chris Bath. The reporter was Melissa Doyle. I don't remember the dates off hand but it would've been very close to my original post. I'd suggest looking for it on the Channel 7 site. Use the program name and search for Police PTSD.
It was a major trigger in my house so I'd you are/were our have family members who are/we're police that suffer from PTSD then be warned. It's a very emotional piece. Took days for my husband to get past it.

Thanks @Cazzie 

I appreciate it. I will try watching it in the pc. I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's suffering no doubt very painful for both of you).

Kind regards,

Kristin

Hi loopy

I to have PTSD and depression mine the result of a bad accident and months in a rehab hospital I know something of what you may have seen back in the 70s I did sea rescue and surl lifesaving in my eyes it is peole like you who are life's true heroes dont ask for recognition but go where others say to hard.

You deserve support and will get it your life has meaning and purpose keep your pride in your Monica and know you make a difference .

Scorpion

Hi everyone @JubileeJohnson @Crystal @Cazzie @Neb @Alessandra1992 

I thought you might like to know that we have Topic Tuesday on tonight, which is going to cover strategies to move off the 'distress seesaw' that can often be associated with trauma. 

It'd be great if you could make. It starts here at 7pm AEDT. 

has anyone heard from @loopy?

@kato @Rick @kristin @allesandra92 @CherryBomb @nic nic?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance