Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

Sad movie I nearly cried

Last night I couldn’t sleep and I found this movie about Suicide a girl writes a note to her Mum and she doesn’t do anything to herself the mother reads and the voice of the 17 year old I nearly cried it was a relief to see the young girl alive for some reason it helped me sleep but now I can’t stop thinking about it

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sad movie I nearly cried

Hello @Evie1

It sounded like the movie left you with some mixed emotions, such as relief the girl was alive but also that you could not stop thinking about it, is there something in particular that has you thinking a lot about the movie? It might have triggered something for you?

Lunar 🙂

I feel very sad

It triggered my self harm thoughts today

Sounds like a pretty heavy movie @Evie1.

It is

I read a pretty heavy book last time I was in hospital (about 9 months ago). It was called 'All The Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven. It covers the subject of youth mental health and youth suicide. I couldn't stop thinking about the feelings it brought up for months. Some films and books are just triggering, but I guess that's what makes them appeal to people (the emotions felt by them). 

Be kind to yourself @Evie1.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance