Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

What a wonderful and generous offer from your Mum and no need for you to miss out or to feel guilty about it. 

I always think honesty the best policy in relationships @Sophie1, having said that a lot can change in 3-4 years and raising it as a possibility now, which is what it is, as no firm arrangements have been made, would be fine.

Something along the lines of "when I spoke with Mum she suggested that she would like a mother-daughter trip to visit her country of origin once this  pandemic settles and I would love to do this as she is getting older, she has even offered to pay for me to go, won't be for a year in or two etc.." 

Perhaps in the mean time you might be able to save for another holiday for the two of you so she doesn't feel like she is missing out.

@Former-Member  Thankyou ☺️ I was keen to get a viewpoint of somebody who is also a carer ... just needed the perspective and I also think timely  honesty will is the best policy ... sits very well with me .. just needed the touch base ... also we have do have our own trip planned for MsS with our three closest friends when covid eases so showing my commitment to that and saving for that as the priority trip will help I'm sure 🙂 

Thinking of of you @Sophie1 

Hi @Former-Member ... feeling low and scared tonight as my Dad was taken to hospital last night with unexpected and unpleasant symptoms that could be a sign one of his cancers are no longer in remission - more tests to run but in the dark for now .. he has an excellent oncologist who knows him super well from many years of treatment  so I know he is receiving best care he can ... but tonight I feel frozen and afraid ... I'm not ready to grieve the loss of another father .. my step father passed three years ago 

@Sophie1 😪

How are things going? 

Hi @Former-Member  re my dad - after a week of waiting and complications and testing - tomorrow morning is the pathology results we are all holding our breath for - so feeling frozen tonight too 

also ms S has migraines and headaches and low mood worse than normal - her psychiatrist today has altered meds levels but says it's moving as fast as possible and we have to be patient 

hmmmf 

it's so hard when I work full time and have two people to worry about at moment and run a household ! And think of money and Christmas abd family and it's all a bit much ... 

my body is run down .. I haven't been exercising at all and my chest is bad again with coughing fits 

@Sophie1 sending ever so gentle thoughts your way, sometimes we feel the weight on our shoulders.  Had been wondering when results would be through for your Dad, please let us know how he gets on.

Thank you @Former-Member  you have been a real constant support over the years - many thanks 🙏 I know this will all pass and tomorrow will arrive - it's just nice knowing somebody else sees my struggle and maybe understands it a little more than other folk in my life who don't have the carer role ... 

my self care today consisted of going and getting a bunch of healthy frozen meals as MsS has stopped cooking and all housework and can't drive to shop so I started eating takeaway ... so I realised today I have to find ways to get through it myself 

Load of washing done and hung up - floors vacuumed downstairs - now for some sleep - not all the housework - but at least things are moving and I can face another day at work tomorrow 

@Former-Memberwe won't know dads results until Monday now ... altho indications are hopeful.. so now I try self care ... thinking of learning more about a Mediterranean diet - have you ever tried this ? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance