Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

Surviving Psychosis

I’m not going to tag anyone in my post as I don’t want anyone to feel pressured to reply.

I really thought I was going to be trapped in my dark world forever this time. I am still in hospital but now am recovering from my latest bout of psychosis. I’ve been accused of falsifying symptoms when I wasn’t (which led me into a depression). I was flat out labelled as “crazy” by my treating psychiatrist and forgotten by friends back in the real world outside my private hell.

I hear a voice literally scream at me and command me to complete suicide so “I will be a martyr and everyone will chant my name”. How can anyone make that up? Just because I’m not religious doesn’t mean I don’t hear what I hear! I have nurses comment that I am doing a lot better than when I was admitted. I have a tattoo I got done in the heat of the moment and while beautiful, I feel I should have waited until fully recovered before getting inked. So much has happened in a few short weeks. 

I have no idea what is going to happen next. I’m on tenterhooks.

My diagnosis is no longer schizoaffective. Officially I have paranoid schizophrenia with mixed mood disorder and generalised anxiety disorder. Gawd, what a mouthful!

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Surviving Psychosis

That sounds so hard @Queenie 

Hospital can be tough but very glad to hear you are recovering.

Rest up as best you can.Thinking of you.

Hugs @Queenie 

Good to hear from you.

Heart

I had a dream last night which was really psychotic in a weird way ... might be part of how I lost a day.

Smiley Embarassed

My dreams have been ultra strange @Appleblossom.

I’m sorry you’ve been fighting your own battle with the psychotic rabbit hole.

Thank you @frog @for thinking of me.

If anyone sees our sweet pea about, please give her my kindest regards xx @greenpea 

It is terrible that you hear those things inside your head. @Queenie 

Heart

I know you know the why ... of it ... 

Heart

Wish I could take the loneliness away by posting. I know its not that easy.

Hugs

not sure who the grey one is ?? lolnot sure who the grey one is ?? lol

@Queenie  Hugs and hugs Queenie :Dxxx thanks for your words. Thinking of you Queenie lil pea:)

@Queenie  Sorry hun I posted the above post from your tag. I didn't realise things were so tough for you atm before reading your thread. Oh sweetie you are one tough lady. I have religious delusions even though I am not religious per se just spiritual. Just reading your post makes me sad that your have been accussed of faking it!!! What the hell. How can anyone fake it. Impossible. You will be in my thoughts today. Will check on you later, take good care of yourself love greenpeaxxxx

Hi @Queenie , 

I hear you and am with you now, in the everyday psychosis that I’ve seemed to survive. 

Managing to get through each day. 

It’s miracle for us to still be here. 

There must be a reason. 

@Queenie  Are your ears ringing? My ears are starting to ring louder each day. Usually when I wake in the morning I notice it the most. I’m 40 this year and concerned about what the future will bring with regards to my diagnosis/awareness. 

I haven’t been here on the forum for a long time. Been caught up trying to be normal and fit into society. Working hard to try and have a job and be normal. I feel so lost at the moment. I also have had the callings as to why bother. My husband and kids keep me here. 

I’m so sorry to God and everyone for this message and thoughts. But I’m really struggling right now. I think it’s the moon or something  going on in the planet. I feel like I’m being watched all the time. My mind could do with a rest. It’s been racing. Today, I’ll try to divert my energy into house cleaning which so desperately needs to be done. 

Sorry, to get on your post and talk about me. Just desperately wanting to release my thoughts and glad I found you who might understand, since you are going through or have been through similar thoughts. 

Sending you love and kindness @Queenie. May we both get through this again. May God be kind and forgiving to our souls and forgive me if I have chosen the wrong God and may the Highest Power  protect us. 

Maybe I’m delusional thinking I’m The Oracle or have insight like Jesus and Daniel, in which case God, then please forgive Eve from eating from the apple tree and forgive me amd us  humans for our sins. 

Thank you for allowing me to release those thoughts and energy. I already feel better lol. 

@Queenie, prayers to you beautiful one. You’ve got this, time will pass and you will be healed again. Stay strong and neautralise. Get your mind and body back into alignment. Our gifts are needed in this world. There’s a reason we go through the heart ache and pain, picking up on the energy of the people in this world. Knowing who is good, and who is bad and loving unconditionally. 

Love to you. Thank you for your post. We were meant to connect. I haven’t been here for a long time but was guided to you today. 

I will be frank. Because that the person I am. There are probably people out there who don't believe you out of ignorance. But there are many who do believe you especially those who work in the field. I know the odd person and I myself have experience. My experience was often connected to drugs and alcohol which made the voices so much worse. These days they are there but only subtle and I forget about them. And I tend to hear positive comments rather than the bad ones when I was intoxicated. I know how real they seem to be. Trust the doctors and experts as they do know. Don't worry about the idiots who think you making it up. They just uneducated that is all and haven't had a friend or family member suffering from the heighten sensory. You will be fine. 🙂

@Queenie- Thats one hell of a rough ride.  Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping your not in hospital for too long.  Keep your spirits up and stay strong.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance