Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I can imagine wanting to take on more work time @CheerBear , and I hear the frustration of slow and steady. A tough one, but there is so much happening in your life, like He person, unwell and well people, the crew, home schooling, shopping, cleaning. I’m tired just typing it. Lol

The stigma with DID is huge. I don’t mention it irl, though I tried a long time ago, I learnt the hard way.....not a good move.

I was told during TLBD years. The little black dress years. But that was it, just get on with it. But after I was admitted to hospital, after the marriage breakdown, then all became official. I got the certificate. Lol. But again, left to your own devices. I think it’s to do with the fact that there aren’t many of us, ( apparently) I don’t believe that , but professionals don’t want to wast time on something they might never use. Unless they speciaiise in it. They can get ridiculed, as some professionals don’t belief it exists. Oh how I wish they were right. It really is hell at times.

Are you sleeping any better?

Paint consistency is a key I think, even with the dots. But confidence helps, which comes  with practice. The tiny dots freak me out too. I remind myself it’s just a stone. It doesn’t have to be perfect. 😁😁😁😁

Just popping in to say good morning @CheerBear @Maggie
Hoping todays ok for you both

@CheerBear  Morning coffee

How was gig and pj day yesterday?

Play time today in between the normal rush.

Morning everyone 👋

Good day yesterday thanks @Maggie. We made it home on the afternoon after a quietish day. Gig was also good thanks. Amazing to hear what went into moving the school to online learning and what plans they have going forward.

How was your day?

@CheerBear  I can only imagine the process of moving schools online, specially given the fact there really wasn’t a lot of time to prepare. 

I had a quiet day also. Played with a few stones. I have a number half done now. 😁😁😁 . I sprayed one side of home made stones. Hard to get an even coat on the candle holders, the hole part.

Hows today looking? 

We given stats that were big and eye opening @Maggie. Around 2 in 5 families where we are were not connected to the internet (as an example). Many families here have struggle and challenge in big ways. It's a beautiful community though and the staff are incredible with the depth and extent of care.

How did your stones go? The last one I saw of yours is amazing 💜 The dot drag is very clever! I didn't think about how to shine up and seal a candle holder. How tricky!

I have counsellor today which will be great, and a work get together. I'll have to go to the supermarket too as we're out of lots now, and the chemist. My allergies are going bonkers for some reason 😏 Also really hoping to play with some paint and catch up here on the forum a bit.

How's your day looking?

My pastor actually mentioned the fact that many were not connected, or had the hardware needed for online home schooling @CheerBear  Super hard and tricky, as it’s the vulnerable who suffer again. But the other side of it is, you see people helping, in all the ways they can. Every small, seemingly insignificant helps.

Which reminds me of the other assistant pastor, who arrived on my doorstep last Saturday, with a bunch of silver beet in her arms, and a massive smile. I appreciated it so much, and the silver beet was tasty. 💞💞👍👍

Sounds like a busy day ahead. Allergies, ugh. Draining and very annoying. I hope the chemist is helpful.

I was going to go back into my cave, but decided to kick butt instead. You are welcome to help there. 😂😂😂

Oh I'm so glad to hear you heard from church @Maggie. I had been wondering. How long until groups and face to face might happen again?

Haha with helping you with your butt again 😂 What might you do instead of a cave day?

I'm taking some inspiration from you and getting my craft on. Paint pulled out and ready to go 👍I will try and fix up one that isn't right but maybe has potential to be OK. I have to let go of the perfectionist beast a bit I think, and just enjoy the process 🤔

I was online buying paint yesterday @CheerBear. Over the top for me, but some nice shades should be heading my way soon. Too easy to spend like that, but good for the blues. 💙💙💙😁😁😁

I’m struggling with the perfectionist side of me too @CheerBear . I’ve heard them say they are not meant to be perfect, but fun, and I really do enjoy playing with paint. Hopefully, I’ll finish the half done stones. 😜😜

Church as far as I know, are still online. Too many would miss out otherwise, that’s my guess. We stood at the door. I don’t know whether to ask people in or not with this virus thing. Anyway, the door conversation worked ok.😁😁

@Former-Member  💜💜🐶🐾

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance