Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Taking the plunge

Hello dear @Maggie

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts of my welfare. Hope you managed to get a good night's sleep - I slept about 10 hrs. It has been quite a draining week.

No results of my husband's tests yet - won't know until a week or so time. It's concerning but we are living in the moment keeping a positive outlook as best we can. This couple of years has been tough with no break on the stress levels - it's been one thing after another. But the focus here now is to beat this latest health issues where the odds are against us. That has not defeated us before. I hold onto my faith.

My close friend came over yesterday as she had missed me. She was so loving which boosted my spirit. I don't tell her how I actually feel because she is recovering from kidney cancer surgery. I don't want to burden her which is why I often carry this huge mountain alone. My other friend found out her tumour was not malignant and quite treatable which was good news. When I was waiting for my husband in the imaging clinic a woman I had seen one or twice in the shop saw me and sat down next to me. We had a good conversation and this helped take my mind off things. That was a good thing, she is a nice lady.

The rough time is ahead so I am bracing myself for the storm. 

As for safety I have had a lot of practise lol. My acute intuition is my friend and will guide me as it always has to whom I can and cannot trust and where to tread. I can sense negativity aimed at me and will move away (no, it wasn't you ofcourse).  I am rawly honest and there will always be critics  -  I will just keep doing what I do to help others to the best of my ability and all will be good. I miss our fun interesting conversations. I know you are a true friend on here that I can trust. And I will always be there for you as long as you want me to, and others who may need me.

My daughter moves out soon. She is really improving - working around the clock to pay her debts, has her car back on the road and has enrolled to study psychology. Although she has a way to go she has taken a step forward. I feel when we live apart she will remember what I have always tried to get through to her, realise the truth of it and we will grow closer.

The commencement building date of our ocean dream home should be starting within 6 weeks time. We keep our vision of the future on enjoying this life together. We will beat the odds again.

How is your day going? Do you have much plans for the weekend?. How are you feeling in yourself? How is the visitor?  I may do some crosss stitching and/or writing. I so enjoy both - I love anything creative. Can't wait to see pics of yours. Have you written any more music lyrics. You are so talented my friend. I left your printed out last lyrics of the lotus flower on my study desk. My husband saw and read it. He exclaimed "this is really good". My husband is a harsh critic. If he is saying tha then the lyrics are truly extraordinary. You should keep going...... 

I am also looking forward to continuing our very real friendship - something that we don't come across everyday and is to be treasured. We have much in common. Have a wonderful day my friend. Lots of love always ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Maggie
How are you going today? I find DID interesting.. and a little confusing and wonder too, if there is kind of a continuum or scale like iwth autism/depression from one situation to the next? I know i share traits/symptoms of my mi (not did) with others that have it but also feel as though my experience of it is unique and not something im very well able to describe to anyone as such... because im not great at understanding my own inner world/self. Sometimes i have had experiences where i have felt younger than i am which is hard to explain and like im not myself but dont identify as DID though i do have dissociative problems in general because of the abuses i went through as a child/into adulthood i guess. I don't know how
I'm glad you started this thread and hope you don't mind me joining in and learning as well.
Hope you are ok, here with you if you need anything

Hi @Maggie .... I'm around too .... 💕

Hoping you're okay @Maggie .... 💐💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

Why wouldnt @Maggie be alright. What happened? Did I miss something in her posts as she seemed fine? Is anything wrong @Maggie?

She's just gone a bit quiet, that's all @Former-Member .... I am probably being a bit overly sensitive here ..... 😊💕

It's good to see you out and about a little more. We have missed you on other themrrads while things have been so busy for you in recent months.

I am heading out for a walk now, and hopefully a bit of a snooze after that. Will catch up with you again a bit later, I hope.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have been answering a lot of new comers threads frequently here everyday - for years. Am still active 😊 If others have a lot of support on their threads I will gravitate mainly to new comers who don't as I discern their need is greater at that time. Enjoy the walk and snooze @Faith-and-Hope Here anytime you want to talk xx

Thanks @Former-Member 🌷💕

IMG_0639.JPG

@Maggie .... 🌷

@Faith-and-Hope Thankyou, you are very in tune. Yesterday became confusing on many levels with visitor who stayed till 11pm. I'm trying to sort it before writing it as, she's all over the place and may be unwell. I'm making the most of this morning as I'm sensing another long visit and take over. Uhhh. Arrr

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance