Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Same here @CheerBear  kettles on. 💕💕💕

Hi everyone passing. 💜💜💜

So good to see you @Maggie ❤ How have things been the last day/couple of days?

Nothing changing here @CheerBear  still riding close to the wind. Waiting is wearing, hearing nothing, frustrating. And still nothing anyone can do. 😩😩😩

How are you? Do you have hot water? No need to answer if it’s all too difficult and stressful. We can talk about other stuff.

Any time with Sophie and yarn 🧶🧶 I haven’t done any craft since Sunday, and that was tricky.

🙁 @Maggie. So hard to have to wait like that, I'm guessing waiting for who knows how long and for what anyway. Uncertainty and big decisions resting in others hands 🙁. No craft too - is that a reflection of where thinking and feeling has been, or of a time thing, or maybe a pain thing...? Only if you're OK to share.

I am better this morning thanks. My head went snap, crack, pop and fizz with all the stuff Maggie 🙁 Better is welcome.

We have hot water again as if yesterday mid day. It will be a legal fight to get my money back for what I paid, but I think I'll fight it. Very not OK email to me from the agent yesterday. Now it's a principle thing for me on top of a money thing. It's probably always been a principle/values thing to me but this was the snap point.

I lost my days but I think you were seeing kind of friend to help get away from yourself last we caught up. How's that been?

@CheerBear  I’m about to ask a silly question, do you get legal aid where you are?🙃🙃

They take a long time, but come up with the goods eventually. I got help a few years back, with the help of my counsellor.

I agree wholeheartedly regarding the agent being not ok, and yes to the fight. So wish you could find better accommodation, but wishing changes nothing, and gets frustrating.

Better is always welcome @CheerBear  especially after a snap, crack pop and fizz head. Mine goes there quite a bit, and it’s scary.

I’m not a fan of old wives tales, but one I do believe is, time changes things, I can’t say heals, just changes. And it does. A bit of breathing space to get back on the wonky track. It’s tough. 💜

Yes, the no craft thing is a head, pain time thing. Motivation being a big one.

Yep, saw kind of friend, she does my head in. I’m trying, I really am, but sometimes I just don’t want to try there anymore. She has it tough with caring and her friend, I get that. There’s always the but, which seems to be me. I just have a different take on butt !!!😁😁

Never a silly question @Maggie 😊 Yeah we do have legal aid. I think there will be other support for this more specific to tenancy stuff, so that's what I'm trying to dig up, but they will be on my list if I need. It's a 'simple' process and according to a union place, one that will not be an issue for me as far as getting the money back. It's the time/stress/worry part that's not simple for me. And the money is pocket money to many really so the question of 'is such a fight really worth it' is there. But (very big but) this now feels much bigger than the receipt I have and it is about basic rights and sending the message that it isn't OK to screw with people or walk all over them. I'll risk not having the lease renewed to send that message because what they're doing is wrong. Fireball feels better than scrambled banana brain at least, maybe 😉 😆

I so agree with time changing things. I try and hold on to that too, that things are always changing in some way. When I wrote that then I thought of you and the waiting place you're in and how hard it can be to keep on keeping on when very little seems to change. I respect that it's really hard to sit and wait for change ❤

I had a giggle at your butt comment. I know you're trying with kind of friend and it's awesome that you do. It's OK not to too though and to take time out when you want. Kind of friend sounds like a very mixed one for you.

How's today looking for you?

I knew you’d get the butt @CheerBear  😁💜

Regarding the lease. If it’s not renewed, does that mean you have to find somewhere else, or will someone help you with that. It’s all very big. I agree fireballs are better than scrambled banana brain. He/she might be Sorry eventually.

I don’t know when the world got so greedy and power hungry @CheerBear  but it’s everywhere you look now. When is enough enough. I mean that in regard to wanting everything for yourself, also being on the receiving end of disrespectful treatment. That might be confusing...sorry.

I was saying to my counsellor that you shouldn’t have to become someone you’re not, to be heard/respected.

I hope for a cave day today. I just need to be more invisible than I usually am. Mostly I hate being invisible, but it can have advantages. Looking for sone colour.

Hows today looking for you.?

It means moving and finding somewhere else maybe wirh support but not sure, @Maggie  if the lease isn't renewed, which is big and not what we need. I don't need to worry about whether this house is safe or about whether an owner will flip if I ask for it to be safe though. The lesser of the evils maybe. I found out a couple of nights ago that sibling has separated from their fiance (I never get the spelling of that one). We briefly spoke about the possibility of house sharing last night. Lots to think about bit it could be a really good thing maybe. There's a very good chance sib and their dog will be staying with us for a while until they find their feet so we'll talk more over time about whether it could actually work

I get what you mean. So with you on how we shouldn't have to be people we're not to have respect or be heard ❤

It's a hospital treatment day today and we are not too far off heading out (via the shower and kettle for me). Long day today with four appointments there. It's also one of the last treatment days as the risks now outweigh the benefits. Feels there, but putting them aside so I can do what I need to do today. It's one thing I'm good at (most of the time at least).

It's all coming out here this morning sorry! 😏😑

I really hope you get your cave day today. I'm sorry that you need to be more invisible. I'm so thankful you're not invisible here. Sending you colour for your day (this one spoke to me this morning)

images - 2019-10-23T070304.077.jpeg

And lots of ❤🌲🌺 and some virtual 💪alongside you for the green police if needed 😉

Ps thank you for the morning company. It's made a difference 💚

Just saw pic @CheerBear  perfect. Thankyou.

I felt excited when I read about the possibility of sharing with sib. Lots of positives there I think. Having time to sit and chat about it will be a good to set boundaries etc.  Plus the situation with unwell person. Time to talk things through. Well person will be needing extra support, so maybe this is coming at the right time. I sure do hope for better accommodation for you and LF.

A very long and big day today @CheerBear . No apologies ever needed. We listen to our big and little happenings, wishing we could do so much more. I know your FINE will be functioning today. I hope you get some down time later to UNFINE.

Thinking of you throughout today. Sending 💕💕 and

@Former-Member  💜💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance