Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I agree @Maggie. I feel like it was such a wake up call, though in a sense I knew I wasn't travelling well. It was being really stuck about how to fix it and what to do about it. Super thankful this happened and I've had the chance to down time and time out. Lifesaving.

I felt a bit sad thinking about you asking counsellor if she paid them. It's a sign of so many messages of not worthy, not good enough etc. (as you know as well as all of us). I wish you could see and believe the things we see and believe about you, though I understand it's not easy (as in ultra super difficult). It can take so much time to undo big, long, ongoing, deep past hurts. Understandable twisted.

I can't wait to see your rock! I am a bit jelly that you have a mould and get to do them, though super happy for you! The shape of them and the feel - i imagine super cool in many ways.

How's today looking for you?

Good morning to you @Former-Member, who I see there. Sorry I haven't been able to reply much or widely. Often thinking of you. How's your world looking this morning?

The word ‘ lifesaving ‘ jumped out at me @CheerBear . Very very scary and real. Too tangible sometimes. I hope supports are put firmly in place, so you don’t have to go through this again @CheerBear  🥰🥰🥰

The rock is smooth and lovely @CheerBear . I wish we could share our moulds, paints, wool and ideas . Sigh.

I know the unworthy @CheerBear , but even doing what I can is a huge plus. There was a time I was too scared to ever try. Let alone show anyone anything I had made. So it’s progress, even if it’s in slow motion.

@Former-Member  👋👋👋👋👋👋👋

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wow @Maggie ... Luv luv luv your beautiful rock. And I am not at all surprised that your art was a best seller. 😀💜

@CheerBear  Thank you. I completely understand. I am enjoying reading your updates about your progress. Very inspiring stuff. Very happy for you that things have turned out as well as they have. Little, Middle and Big are so lucky to have such a wonderful mum as you. Good luck with the speech thingy at school later. 💕

Sherry

Huge progress in doing what you're doing @Maggie. Genuine recognition and appreciation for that and for the strength it takes to try when it's so scary and so hard.

How much I would love to share crafty time and things with you in more than this way 🙁🙂

@Former-Member thanks heaps. You are super and I wish life would be a bit (a lot) more super to and for you.

I'm off to my gig today which is kind of big but I'll go slowly and gently. Supervisor is supportive. That helps a lot. Then the event I am doing the speech at tonight. Maybe 150 people there and an honour to speak kind of speech. It's short and to the point. I've thrown in a bit about recognition for the work it takes to parent and nurture our kids and how proud we can be not only of them but of those in parenting roles. Then things about hope in the next generation and big dreams to look forward to. Cool stuff.

My Big is also speaking tonight as they won the scholarship last year so for them it will be a speech of appreciation, reflection and motivation. I teared up reading what they will say. They're a natural at this. Me, not so much. Public speaking is not my thing but it feels important to do and to try (something there about being inspired by people here who try so often 😘)

So big breaths again today for another challenging day but in a good way. Rest for the next couple of days. I hope there is good for all in the day.

Better fly. Hugest love to you all ❤❤❤

Good morning @CheerBear @Maggie @Former-Member   hope today is a good one for all of you.  

@Teej  💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜❤️👋👋👋👋👋

@eth  👋👋👋💛💛💛💛

@CheerBear  I guessing your gig might be over by now. I hope it went well. A big undertaking under the circumstances. So well done. 👍👍👍👍👍

Hopefully some down time before your talk tonight. Another big for you and Big. I think there will be some big proud moments passing from one to the other.

I’ve found ( but you might not) you can have a downer after events. It’s using up your reserves, and yours are low. Just in case it takes you by surprise, but you might be ok. I hope so.

We will all be thinking of you and Big tonight. Check your pocket. 😁😁😁😁 💙💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dear @Maggie @CheerBear 

You are both very quiet this morning. Hope yesterday went well @CheerBear  I realise it was a very big day. Thinking of you both, and delivering coffees to order. With a big smile in greeting. 😀💖

Waves also to @eth @Molliex @outlander 

Sherry

@Former-Member  A coffee and big smile are welcome Thankyou. Leaving one for you and @CheerBear, if she’s up for one. ️ Quite is just fine. 💜💜💜💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance