Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Zoe7  I’m sorry you were woken by a nightmare last night. They do have a way of unsettling the night. I’m hoping you are catching some shut eye now.

Sorry to hear you couldn’t get the right boxes to finish off all your hard work. Hopefully today. A storage room upstairs sounds excellent. 👍👍

By the sound of things @Zoe7  going back to school will be a holiday. Just kidding, I know there are challenges ahead. It’s been a full on holiday season for you though.

I’m not sure if the tennis is on today, if it is, I hope you and Toby rest up for a little while bit. 💛💛💛💛

@CheerBear  my first coffee. How’s today looking for you. ?? Are you still at second home?? 💜💜💜💜

Morning @Maggie and everyone here.

Still at coffee 1 for me though I've been awake for a while with well person's company. They're not far off leaving for the appointment today.

I felt very "go you" with your post last night Maggie, and the idea of wanting to be authentic and accepted for who you are including the parts of you that are often kept secret or quiet (I imagine they are anyway). Interested in hearing about this book if you can share.

We'll head home this morning once they've left and we take puppy for a walk. I have back to school stuff to really think about and do today. The $ are scary 😏

How's your day looking?

Hugs for the nightmares @Zoe7. Hope last night was OK for you.

How are you feeling about the appointment @CheerBear? I hope you are doing ok. It’s hard. I get that. ❤️❤️

School stuff and $$$. So hard, because they are essentials. Does NDIS help with that stuff? I’m guessing a big NO.

I don’t know about the ‘ go you’ @CheerBear . Very sheepish with this one. Church can have big MH misconceptions. I’ve felt them before. I’ll put out gently feelers when/if I can.

Seriousely I’m hoping I’m in a massive psychosis episode, and will emerge with my sanity some day soon. Tricky.

Today looks hot ish 27, later kind of friend will go for a walk with puppies, I will go. I looked after her dog yesterday . She had an appointment in another city. I didn’t volunteer, as I usually do, I said I would be a backup if needed. The message is getting through, as it was expected before. It’s hard though. ❤️❤️

The book I found online is called “ Darkness is my only companion “ written by a female clergy (something), can’t remember. She addresss the issues raised by many. I’ve ordered it, trying to grasp this stuff myself.

I'm feeling OK about it thanks @Maggie. I just had a comment sent my way about having missed 2 in a row now. It was said as a joke though there's more to it. I'll wait to hear results. They're really lucky to have made it to this point and are in bonus time now. The rollercoaster seems to be that when you expect bad you usually get OK and when you're feeling comfortable you get a thumping. No idea what to expect today.

No NDIS support. There's no support as far as $ for this one out there at all. Super hard to try and get them back with everything they need. I would have been more on to it if I hadn't been away in December 😏

I hear and get the sheepish. To put feelers out is big in itself. I really hope this will be a good thing for you.

That looks like an incredible book and so well suited to the situation you're in. I like that it has advice for others (though rarely do I like advice). Perhaps it can give you some ideas as to how others can support you or validate what you already know, with some more confidence that it's OK to hope for that. Very challenging read I imagine though.

Glad message is maybe getting through to kind of friend. Another hard one. I hope the walk feels good.

I have a puppy here wanting a walk and a Middle who is up pestering me to go. Middle is the dog one of my crew. She's maybe the animal one actually. Incredibly in tune with animals who respond well to her. I was going to take the crew to the beach this afternoon but have looked at the forecast. Strong cool change due to come through. We've been caught in that at the beach before and it isn't fun!

I listened to an awesome podcast that made me think of you yesterday. It was about the aesthetics of joy and how and why colour can bring joy. Super cool 💚💛🧡❤💜💙😊

It’s hard to hang on when the roller coasters keep coming @CheerBear . The unexpected can be the tough ones. They can catch us with our guards down and throw us off course, or just throw us out of reach. That’s how it can feel for me anyway. Big ❤️❤️

Breaking through some lifetime misconceptions can be challenging. It can take away some solid ground. Even if it isn’t really solid. Sometimes sitting with misconceptions can be easier than to challenge. I feel like I’ve stumbled into a hornet nest. I might get stung. I can always walk away, I do know that. Psychosis might be easier. 🤔🤔🥺🥺

Middle sounds like mum, would that be a correct analysis? Animal connections are so real. My girl has/is teaching me so much. 🥰🥰🥰

I hope puppy walk goes well.

The podcast sounds cool.  I hope there is good in your day. Take care. ❤️❤️❤️

Good morning @Maggie and @CheerBear Heart

A difficult night for me - yes nightmares again CB and feeling quite sick this morning. I know it will pass but super sucky at the moment. I am going to need another sleep before I head out tget the boxes today - hopefully that will help these feelings pass also.

LOL @Maggie Yes going back to work may seem like a holiday I am actually getting quite nervous about it but need to go into the class to see what needs to be done. I am going to try to go tomorrw or Friday - depending on hen I get everything done here.

@Zoe7  💜💜💜💜

Seriously challenging to break through the lifetime kind of stuff @Maggie . I genuinely see incredible courage and determination to be doing all you are

Middle is fierce yet so incredibly sensitive. Has been a challenge for them and me to channel the intensity into constructive rather than destructive. They have a bonkers, goofy sense of humour ❤ This is them in pretty much every group photo I have taken 😆

images - 2020-01-22T091921.060.jpeg

Our walk was great. I took pics for you but my camera is smashed 🙁 We saw lots of flowery colour in spiky plants. Found the rooster I hear who lives in a backyard orchard full of chickens and ducks. Said hi to some goats and all of the other dogs who live around here. Middle knows their names and their owner's names as they tag along for walks as often as possible when we stay. Puppy splashed in the creek and chased birds. There's been quite a bit of rain so the bush has that awesome damp gum smell. It was very cool. Off home in a moment to see our furballs 😊

I hope dogs go well together for you today and you too have some good in your day ❤❤❤

Morning @Zoe7  Sorry you had nightmares again and are now feeling sick. More sleep sounds like a good idea. I was wondering whether nerves might be starting to kick in. Big hugs

👋 and to all who might come by

Had another sleep @Maggie @CheerBear Feeling much better now 👍

Not going to head out until later then will go to a big w further away. It is close to the beach I go to so planning on taking Toby and heading to the beach at the same time. 

I want to watch the tennis today first so what time I head out depends on what time that finishes.

@CheerBear I think the nerves will really set in next week when I have moe time to myself. Right now keeping busy doing all the sorting is helping.

I felt a warm/sad smile reading the struggles middle is having @CheerBear . Goofy sense of humour will go such a long way. You are an awesome mum. 💜💜

Smiled Big at the family pic. 👍👍👍👍 I have a strange sense of humour. Sometimes/ often, I’m the only one who gets it, that in itself can send me more wonky. 🙃🙃🙃

Your walk sounded amazing. I think I could smell the bush, hear the rooster, and smile, at the great and small you met. Sorry about the broken camera.

Ive painted a few rocks. Black and white, it’s one of those kind of days.

Hope the homefront is a good feel, furballs will be pleased to see you.

💜💜💜 for the day ahead.

More of these @Zoe7 💙💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance