Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Hey @CheerBear , hoping to head to my farm this arvo.. might be a bit touch and go with the weather and fires about.  How about you?

Haha that's a great one @Zoe7! The unicorn looks just like me this morning - completely feral 😁😆

Hope you get to the farm if that's what you'd like to do @Gazza75. I just had a look at the NSW fire map - awful 🙁 Really feeling for everyone involved. And really wishing we could share some of the rain we've had.

I have end of holidays stuff to think of this weekend with the kids. I'm then kid-less on Monday so I have plans to spend time with a new Mr person which I'm looking forward to 🙂

Hi @CheerBear @Maggie @Gazza75 @Zoe7 @outlander  hope today is one of the better ones for you, and to anyone else here also.

Australia day is a major anniversary for me of a sad and traumatic event, so usually I don't go out at all and keep to myself.  This year there's a chance I'll be going to a music performance with sil's mum.  See how I feel on the day, but it could be that I'm ready to take that plunge.  It's been 23 years since the event - surely time to let it go a bit more (tho' with grief it tends to have its own timing out of our control).  Had a recent visit to the place where it happened and a dolphin did a full flip in the air as I stepped onto the beach.  Felt like a healing moment.

Hope the weekend is what you want it to be for each of you.

Take care xx

haha @CheerBear thought you might like it Smiley Very Happy

@eth we 'let things go' in our own time but acknowledging that so much time has passed and trying to move past things does help in the healing. If you do go out on that anniversary then maybe you can start building some happier memories on the day to offset the bad - and over time add to those good memories. It does not take away the bad memories but makes it a little easier to deal with the day.

Thanks @Zoe7  xx

@Gazza75 Still on holidays here so the long weekend is part of that. No plans for the day - do not celebrate it but that is my personal choice and I fully respect others that do. I would prefer for our National day to be another day (don't know when but just not on the present day) - too much sad history for so many on the 26th.

thinking of you @eth hoping that sunday wont be to bad baby steps Heart

thanks @outlander  agree about baby steps.  At this stage I think I'll just lay low for the weekend.   Home alone without the dog for radar until Monday.  There was a major incident in front of our house a couple of nights ago.  Really hoping there's not a repeat.  

Laying low sounds like a good plan if thats what you think is best. We will be here for you too @eth

Good to see you @Faith-and-Hope 💕

@Maggie 💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance