Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

stan
Senior Contributor

'The Very Last Story EVER To Be Told' -it's a children's story really!!

‘The Very First Story EVER To Be Told.’ 

A long, long time ago there lived a gobbler.  Little gobbler was very unhappy because he didn't know what kind of gobbler he was. 

PAGE TWO.

One day, still  feeling unhappy,  he wrote a story about his friends the other Gobblers.  This was the very first story EVER to be told.

PAGE THREE.

As soon as he had finished writing, with one munch, he gobbled the whole story up.

PAGE FOUR.

First he felt a little bit queasy then a tingle in his belly which became a FIZZ,  then a BUBBLE, then a POP, then a very loud BURP!

PAGE FIVE.

So loud was the BURP it nearly shook the whole house down. When he BURPED a little bit of the story, he had eaten, popped out his mouth

PAGE SIX.

Still feeling unhappy he decided to visit his friend to ask her what kind of gobbler he was?

PAGE SEVEN.

Song Gobblers whole house was singing beautifully as Little Gobbler knocked on the door.  “Hello Little Gobbler,” said his friend.  “What's wrong?  Why do you look so unhappy? “ She asked him.

PAGE EIGHT.

He explained that he didn't know what kind of gobbler he was. Then it happened. It started as a tingle in his belly, 

PAGE NINE.

Then a FIZZ, then a BUBBLE, then a POP,  then a loud BURP! Another bit of the story popped out of his mouth..  So loud was his BURP all the tables and chairs rattled, it nearly shook the whole house 

down.

PAGE TEN.

He turned bright red with embarrassment. “Oh no Little Gobbler that's not a song.  You're not a Song Gobbler.  Maybe you should ask Dream Gobbler?” Said his friend.

PAGE ELEVEN.

So he went to visit his friend Dream Gobbler.  As he arrived the whole house was  asleep and snoring Zzz, Zzz.  Little gobbler knocked on the door. 

PAGE TWELVE.

“Hello little gobbler, “ she said, looking very sleepy.  “What's wrong?  Why do you look so unhappy?” She asked him.  

PAGE THIRTEEN.

Little Gobbler explained he didn't know what kind of gobbler he was. Then it happened. It started as a tingle in his belly, then a FIZZ, then a BUBBLE, then a POP,  then a loud BURP! 

PAGE FOURTEEN.

Another bit of the story popped out of his mouth.  So loud was his BURP all the tables and chairs rattled, it nearly shook the whole house down.

PAGE FIFTEEN.

He turned bright red with embarrassment. “Oh no little gobbler that's not a dream.  You're not a Dream Gobbler.  Maybe you should ask Rainbow Gobbler?” Said his friend.

PAGE SIXTEEN.

So he went to visit the rainbow gobbler. Rainbow gobbler’s whole house was very brightly coloured. There was red and yellow and pink and green and purple and orange and blue.

PAGE SEVENTEEN.

He  knocked on the door. “Hello Little Gobbler,” said Rainbow Gobbler, looking so colourful. “What's wrong?  Why do you look so unhappy?” She asked him.

PAGE EIGHTEEN.

Little Gobbler explained everything and he didn't know what kind of gobbler he was.  Then it happened again.

PAGE NINETEEN.

It started as a tingle in his belly, then a FIZZ, then a BUBBLE, then a POP,  then a loud BURP!  Another bit of the story popped out of his mouth.

PAGE TWENTY.

So loud was his BURP all the tables and chairs rattled, it nearly shook the whole house down.

PAGE TWENTY-ONE.

He turned bright red with embarrassment. “Oh no Little Gobbler that's not a rainbow.  You're not a Rainbow Gobbler.  Maybe you should ask the wise Wizard?” Said his friend. The wise wizard's house was

covered in white, fluffy, magical clouds.

PAGE TWENTY-TWO.

“Hello Little Gobbler, why do you look so unhappy? Said the wise wizard. Little Gobbler explained everything and he didn't know what kind of gobbler he was.

PAGE TWENTY-THREE.

The wise wizard stroked his long, grey beard then scratched his head “Oh, I see.” Said the wizard. Then he began searching amongst all his dusty, old  books and  coloured bottles of magic potions.

PAGE TWENTY-FOUR..

Finally the wise wizard found what he was looking for, “Ah ha! Here it is,” said the Wizard. “Now Little Gobbler I want you to drink this down,” 

PAGE TWENTY-FIVE.

The Wizard said, handing him a strange white bottle marked ‘POP’. Little Gobbler drank a whole bottle in one go and waited. The wise wizard smiled, “Just wait a few seconds,” the wizard said. 

PAGE TWENTY-SIX

Then it really happened. First, Little Gobbler felt a bit dizzy, then there was a FIZZ, then a POP, then a BUBBLE, then came the loudest  ***MEGA BURP***  you ever heard! 

PAGE TWENTY-SEVEN.

So loud was his ***MEGA BURP*** it blew the Wizard’s house right off into the sky.  And then he BURPED again and the whole story shot out of his mouth into his huge, hairy hands.

PAGE TWENTY-EIGHT.

All the other Gobblers had gathered outside the wizard’s house.  There was Song Gobbler and Dream Gobbler and Rainbow Gobbler.   “Oh yes little gobbler,” they all said,

PAGE TWENTY-NINE

“That's a story. You’re The Story Gobbler!” They all shouted together.  He was happy again.  He was The Story Gobbler.

PAGE THIRTY.

And from that day to this, he became The Story Gobbler. So loud is his voice if you listen on a night, you can hear him chuckling. 

PAGE THIRTY-ONE.

And Little Gobbler was so happy he chuckled.  He chuckled so loud it might make you feel a bit wobbly. 

PAGE THIRTY-TWO.

And still, to this day he safely keeps, in his huge, hairy hands, the Very First Story EVER To Be Told. Listen!  Can you hear him?  That’s the Story Gobbler.

THE END

Stan ::)

7 REPLIES 7

Re: 'The Very Last Story EVER To Be Told' -it's a children's story really!!

It's a story for children of all ages. That just put a big smile on my face. 🙂

thanks marzaita-i got it a bit wrong this 1 is the 1st story to be told. i have also written the very last story ever told

STan

@stan I think if you go back and edit the original message you posted with the story in it, you can change the title of the thread. Not 100% sure that will work but it might. Still smiling at the story. 🙂

"The Very Last Story Ever To Be Told "
    Featuring ’The Story Gobbler’

PAGE ONE.
Can You Hear Him?
Listen!
The Gobbler is coming.
Can you hear him?
Have you heard about the Story Gobbler?
He has eaten all of the stories in the world. Gobbled them up. Except this one. This is the very last story.
You might think that he would be full by now. He is not. He is still hungry.

PAGE TWO.
I Must Escape.
All of the people in the world had become very sad and grey without any stories. I had to protect the very last story EVER!

PAGE THREE.
“What should I do? Where should I go?” I thought. Plucking up courage I held tightly to my bag and set-off running.

PAGE FOUR.
The Gobbler scared me to death. He was BIG and HAIRY and SCARY and TERRIBLE. I ran along the street, and I kept running.

PAGE FIVE.
Too terrified to look behind, I ran faster. “Maybe I could find a safe, secret place?” I thought. “But where in the world was safe from a Gobbler?”  He wanted to gobble up the very last story.

PAGE SIX.
Lost In The Jungle.
I found myself in the middle of the STEAMING, SWEATY JUNGLE.  Blindly, I scrabbled through the STEAMING, SWEATY JUNGLE.

PAGE SEVEN.
It was full of deadly, slippery snakes and  leggy, scuttling spiders. But it was the BIG and HAIRY and SCARY and TERRIBLE Gobbler that terrified me.

PAGE EIGHT.
“Maybe the Gobbler can’t find me in here?” I thought.  Then it came *ROAR* & *GRUMBLE* it was the Gobbler coming. His voice was so loud it shook all the trees. 

PAGE NINE.
I found my way out of the horrible jungle.  “Where can I go?”  I thought. “I mustn’t let him gobble the very last story.” *ROAR* & *GRUMBLE* shouted the Gobbler.

PAGE TEN.
Through The Swamp.
*SPOOSH8 *SQUISH* *SPLOOSH*. My feet *SQUISHED* & *SPLOOSHED* through the sticky green goo. I was in the STICKY, SLIMY SWAMP.

PAGE ELEVEN.
It was like trying to get through a river of mushy peas. The air was thickly green like snot and there were swarms of buzzing, blood-sucking, stinging insects.

PAGE TWELVE.
I stopped for a few minutes to rest and listen for the Gobbler. No, I could not hear him. “Maybe here, in the middle of the swamp, the Gobbler can’t find me?” Then it came *ROAR* *GRUMBLE* Gobbler again.

PAGE THIRTEEN.
He was so loud the whole swamp went wobbly like jelly. Even in the STICKY, SLIMY SWAMP I was not safe. “He must be very hungry.”

PAGE FOURTEEN.
Then I had a brilliant idea. “I know where the Gobbler cannot get me,” I thought.  “He’s too BIG and HAIRY and SCARY and TERRIBLE to climb up to the top of a mountain,”

PAGE FIFTEEN.
*ROAR* & *GRUMBLE*.  He was very close. With all my clothes slimy and torn I found my way out of the STICKY, SLIMY SWAMP.

PAGE SIXTEEN.
Destination Desert.
In the hot, dusty, dry desert my walking got slower and slower. “I must keep going to get to the mountain,” I thought. 

PAGE SEVENTEEN.
It was sizzling hot my bag got heavier and heavier. Then I saw stingy scorpions. One sting from the tail would k...l me in five minutes. 

PAGE EIGHTEEN.
High above in the blue sky were enormous black, ugly looking vultures. Then it came *ROAR* *GRUMBLE* he was coming again.

PAGE NINETEEN.
So loud was he the ground shook like there was an earthquake. Eventually with my clothes all torn I found the end of the desert. I could see the mountain. 

PAGE TWENTY.
Nearly safe from the Gobbler.  “Surely the Gobbler can’t climb the mountain.” 

PAGE TWENTY-ONE.

Safe Place Up The Mountain.
I came to the highest mountain in the whole world. I scrambled the cliffs and peaks, the hard rock scratched my arms and bruised my aching legs I climbed, right up to the freezing, snowy mountain top.

PAGE TWENTY-TWO.
I was at the top of the world. Safe. Everything was totally silent and still. But now there was nowhere left to hide. I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

PAGE TWENTY-THREE.
Then *ROAR* *GRUMBLE* it was the Gobbler, the whole mountain shook. He came over the edge of the mountain like a big, fat, hairy sunrise.  Bravely I faced the Gobbler.

PAGE TWENTY-FOUR.
“No! You can't have it!” I said. “It's the very last story. You've gobbled all the rest. You're just greedy!”

PAGE TWENTY-FIVE.
Cometh The Gobbler.
At first, the Gobbler looked puzzled, and then he looked very sad and then he let out an enormous laugh that shook the whole mountain. So booming loud was his laugh it made me feel all wobbly.

PAGE TWENTY-SIX.
“Not gobble story.” he chuckled, “Gobbler not want,” he still looked pretty scary.
“You're not going to gobble the story?”
He shook, what I took to be his big, fat, hairy head.
“I don’t understand,” I said, “Why have you chased me all around the world to the top of the highest mountain if you are not going to gobble?”

PAGE TWENTY-SEVEN.
“Not gobble. Give you.” Gobbler said., chuckling.
“Give me? Give me what?” I asked, very confused. “This,” said the Gobbler, slowly opening his huge hand and offering it to me.

PAGE TWENTY-EIGHT.
He held out his huge, hairy hand to me.  “What is it?” I asked, very puzzled. “Number one. Very First Story.” he proudly announced.

PAGE TWENTY-NINE.
He was kind. The Very First Story Ever To Be Told, was his gift to me.“Thank you, Gobbler,” I said, as I gently accepted his incredible gift. It was the very first story ever to be told.

PAGE THIRTY.
A New Friend.
t turns out the Gobbler, whilst being very big and fat and hairy, Gobbler wasn't fierce or scary at all. That was just a story. In fact, the Gobbler was kind and gentle he was really very good company.  

PAGE THIRTY-ONE.
Also, being fat and hairy he was very warm to sit in!  He whispered his fables so as not to shake the ground.

PAGE THIRTY-TWO.
The starry constellations winked to us, speaking in riddles from long ago. Wonderful stories filled the world with magic. People had stories that brought back happiness. For what would the world be like without stories?

PAGE THIRTY-THREE.
My Mysterious Dreams.
As Gobbler left I heard his big booming voice say; “Remember. Number one story not gobble, not gobble number two.” Every story has a bit of the first and a little bit of the last story ever told in them.

PAGE THIRTY-FOUR.
My Bag Of Stories.
Can his tales really be true? I still keep those stories safely in my bag. And every time I open it, I’m sure I can hear his big voice chuckling.

The End. 

Great pairing of stories and nice idea that all stories have a bit of the first and a bit of the last. In a way it says to me that stories start with someone questioning who they are and end in someone realising they don't have to be scared of that. Leaves a lot of room for lots of stories in between.

yeah, thanks marzarita-that was the idea -i wondered what the very first story could of beeen need an illustrator though. the story and pictures would really bring it to life (both of them).  Stan 🙂

Thanks for sharing those! 😄 

LJ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance