Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

silverspoon
Senior Contributor

The beautiful things about us...

I hope my post is going to be ok with everyone? I am not trying to be morbid, I thought it would be nice to try and get in touch with the beautiful things about ourselves. God have mercy on our beautiful souls, if we were ever to pass on/over!

I thought it might be good to take our focus away from our troubles and think on the beautiful things about ourselves. I know that sometimes we don’t feel there is anything beautiful about ourselves, and this is why I ask you to focus your mind body and soul on a scenario where if you were to pass on what would you like to be the beautiful things you hope your loved ones would remember you for.

Mine are:

I was a very generous person

I was a devoted and naughty grandmother

I loved to write

I lived a good life despite having CPTSD, Addiction and Depression. I never gave up!

I hope you can find it within you to recognise the beautiful things about you today.

With love

CKS

4 REPLIES 4

Re: The beautiful things about us...

Heya @silverspoon thank you for this thread - so lovely to see you're trying to encourage the community to focus on the beautiful strengths within themselves 🙂 What a wonderful thing. Also great to hear of someone who pushed through the symptoms that co-exist alongside CPTSD and addiction, you'll have so much insight for our peers within the forums.

I am mindful that as the post reflects on impending death it may be triggering for some members, but some may engage and be totally fine with it Heart However, if anyone needs any support or if you need further insight feel free to reach out to the team via team@saneforums.org

@silverspoon  Hi CKS the beautiful things about me I get told by those closest to me that being my children and my dear family and close friend.

I am determined

I never give up

I am a good parent, by no means perfect but I keep trying

Apparently I have a beautiful smile. I should use it more often 🙂

Hi greenpea
Wish we could see that beautiful smile!
Best wishes
CKS

I am compassionate.

I am funny.

I am loyal.

I am determined.

I keep fighting.

I love fiercely.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance