Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: need to offload

Hi @Shazi55 

I love the strategies that you shared - especially when you described the importance of apologising to ourselves Smiley Happy

I find that it’s just so easy for me to berate myself and yet if I heard someone else talking to themself how I often talk to myself, I would feel deeply distressed and offer them comfort.

The more I thought about your post, I more I realised that I actually can’t remember a time when I have extended myself the same understanding or compassion Smiley Sad

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and well done on ‘taming the waves and enjoying calmer seas!’

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Hi @ShiningStar today was spent taking it easy ,listening to music on repeat,eating leftover pizza, keeping communicating with family and looking at clothes online,Smiley Happydespite some drama yesterday Im still doing my best thanks for your well wishes to everyone,hope your days been good Heart

Shazi55
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Hi @ShiningStar 

Awww thanks! 

I guess what helped me to work it out is that I have DID (Dissasociative Identity Disorder, formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder)

I try to treat my personalities with love, dignity and respect, the same as I treat other people. 

One day I heard myself saying that I was Stupid (and worse) when it dawned on me that I actually could (and more than likely was) saying that to another Personality, possibly a child. 

That's what originally began my apologies. 

But then I began to also realise that I am also a role model in my community. 

Then FINALLY I realised that my internal dialogue whether I was a Singleton or a Multiple played a huge role in my mental health,and I had the choice between heathy self narrative or unhealthy self narrative... took me years to work out!

I really hope this small thing helps you too in a huge way... stay kind and remember to start with you!!

Hi @LostAngel 

I'm so pleased that you're taking care of yourself and I love your choice of activities - especially eating left over pizza Smiley Happy

I really get a sense of how hard you're working despite everything that is happening for you and that you're doing the very best that you can which is amazing Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Hi @Shazi55 

Thank you so much for sharing a piece of your story with me Smiley Happy

It sounds like quite a journey and you have worked so hard to be able to change your inner dialogue!

Although I still have a long way to go, the description that you shared about apologizing to yourself has given me so much to think about and a wonderful place to start Heart

Thank you Smiley Happy

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Shazi55
Bushfire Community Ambassador

My pleasure @ShiningStar 

Not everything is right for everyone.  All we can do is share what has helped us so that others have options to contemplate 

I've taken snippets from people or just made things up as I went along 

As long as we have options and do what resonates with us as individuals we can't go too far wrong 

Take good care! 

🦋🌻🦋

Hi @Shazi55 

Thank you so much Smiley Happy

Take care too!

ShiningStar Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance