Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Hi @BlueBay 

Good on you for posting about your situation and your very strong feelings. I can hear that you are very angry and stressed. It seems that you cannot do a lot about it tonight so maybe the best thing to do is work on getting calm and getting some rest. Perhaps you could reach out to one of the help lines if you find that talking or chatting it through helps. What strategies have worked for your in the past?

Please take care tonight,

Whitehawk

hi @Whitehawk 

I'm trying to not worry but it's very hard. 
I'm going to have an early night. I've got a stressful headache. 
Thsnks for your support. 

@BlueBay , here for you my sister Heart

@Shaz51 @Flying_Hams @Maggie @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Molliex and others 

Thanks to everyone for your support. 
I'm in isolation as I have a cough and headache for two days. Saw my doctor this morning and I cannot start me new job tomorrow 

I'm feeling angry sick and emotional. I told my doctor how am I meant to isolate with a house full of people. He said just do the best I can. 

my mental health is going downhill. 😢 today is sunny so I've opened all doors and windows and sprayed eucalyptus everywhere. 
beed a dleep now. I've been up since 5.30 with little A. 

If you have to self isolate @BlueBay that's just what you have to do. But maybe it's a good thing for your mental health as you won't be anxious about anything outside. Maybe use the time to work on some home stuff? I'm not too sure. I'm not really to be giving advice my friend.

Just take it easy please 🙂

Just try your best my sister @BlueBay  xxc

Our car got a service yesterday and it would not start this morning, soo back to the repair shop 

Took mum to the hospital to get her arm redressed

and I got in big trouble as they said I should be self isolating because of my problems

Hello @Flying_Hams , @Maggie , @Amour_Et_Psyché 

Hi my friends @Shaz51 @Flying_Hams 

I've been resting this afternoon. I'm really tired. 
I know I csnt do much. Glad I've got a book to read (when I feel like it) and a colouring book. 
but for now I'm resting xxoo

That's good my sister @BlueBay , I fell asleep but was not long enough

Soo going to have a cuppa now xoxo 

Hi @BlueBay 

I appreciate your concern - I was okay - I just needed some time out and care for myself - I thought about letting people know but decided to take a break and wait and see how things went - of course this was early in the COVID-19 story

I have read through your thread and another one you started about self-confidence. I really need to tell you that there is only one person in the world who can help you and that is yourself

I am glad you are resting in bed and I would like to suggest that you make your bedroom the isolation room and I imagine you have a bathroom there but even if you don't - keep away from everyone in the house 

That's for their sake as much as your own - if you think of it that way maybe it will be easier. Move the cot out of your room - it's important for A's health too - and it's up to your daughter to take care of her in the same room as she is using. I know this has to be hard because of the layout of your house - the house you thought you would have sold by now.

And tell everyone that you are isolating for everyone's sake. And be firm and don't let anyone bully you. You can do that because everyone in this country - in this world - has to make sacrifices right now. Someone else can cook - you take the time to rest and read and recover. It's for your family as well as yourself. Otherwise you might end up in hospital and that would not be good.

Your mother might have damaged your self-confidence when you were a child but you are not a child now - you can take back your thunder - your power. You have a voice and rather than wait until you are angry tell people what the new rules are calmly as if you expect to be heard

It's not easy to change your behaviour or to teach other people to treat you better - but you can insist on your rights - and put that sign on your bedroom door and let the rest of the family work it out for themselves

I care and I wish you the best - I told you I would always tell you the truth and I can't do anything else

Dec

Sending Thursday HugsSending Thursday Hugs

Hugs @BlueBay 🤗 💜💐

Do your best Hon ..... as sucky as it is, you've got this, one step at a time ....

Goid to see you @Owlunar 🌷💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance