Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Thanks @CheerBear @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar @mufasa  for all your support snd great ideas. 

Older son is buying pizza for everyone for dinner. Great. One night I don't have to cook!!!

its now raining very heavy. Take care everyone ❤️❤️❤️

Hi @Owlunar  i wrote a reply to you before but I somehow lost it. 
snyway now I can't remember what I wrote. 
the day has been strange. Sun comes out which is nice but then it pours down. It's a bit cold too. 
I ended up setting up a mini gym in the garage.  But hubby had to take his car out which he didn't like because it was raining snd he washed his car last night. Oh well bad luck. My D and I did a workout for 30 mins which was good. 
my boys go to the gym dsily snd they miss it terribly. But now they can use the garage and use their weights. 
Yeah I agree hubby has the garage thst he goes in sometimes for hours. I haven't got a room. 

Oh woohoo @BlueBay! That's a bonus! Hope that helped lift your mood a bit ❤ I'd be stoked to have a night off from thinking about dinner 🙂

Hi @BlueBay 

I'm glad you have the garage set up at a gym - get the family's support to keep it that way - there was a time in our life when we had no garage and our car was parked in the street - Huffnpuff can stand the winter with his car outside so everyone can set up their gear and leave it there so they can go and exercise when they want to

It's important - getting exercise through this pandemic is one of the things advised - and why not set up an old chair in there for yourself to maybe wrap yourselp up in a rug with a book or our music and get time out sometimes

It's really not right that everyone else is entitled to space but the wife and mother. And the wife and mother does the work for everyone and it would seem the whole house is hers - but not when it comes to time by yourself

I think it was @CheerBear  who suggested time in the bath as time for yourself with a sign on the door letting everyone know you will come out when you have had enough time for yourself - you are enjoying a soak - 

In my case I have the whole winter to myself - I am planning to get some books on-line and read - do a jigsaw I was given for Christmas a while back  - my cat thought it was all for her and I gave it up and just remembered I have it - now the cat has gone

I thought of getting another cat but I want to go to Canada first 

One thing to help you through this long difficult winter is to plan what you will do after all this chaos is better - plan a holiday - one on your own would be excellent and why not

You can dream

Dec

Hi @Owlunar 

once the boys have finished their workout the car goes back in. 
I'm not happy today. I was awake at 5.30 by A. I put her in our bed snd she fell asleep for an hour. Today is going very very slow. Made home made sausage rolls for lunch. And a barley and lentil soup for dinner. 
Older son is working night shift all week starting tonight. It means we have to be quiet inside while he's sleeping. 

the wind has slowed down but it's still raining. Otherwise I could have gone for a walk. 

I'm knitting a little scarf for A. But I've stopped because I can't be bothered. 

one has the music in the study on. One is watching tv in the front room and the other is watching tv in other lounge room. 
I'm going to my room. I need some quietness. It's just too loud. 

what are you doing? Xx

It must be bedlam at your place @BlueBay - I couldn't stand that - other people's noise can drive me crackers - I used to get in my car and drive anywhere - down The Peninsula, up to the Dandenongs, once even right along the Great Ocean Road and stayed in a motel overnight - truly - I did

You have far more patience than I ever did - please keep reminding me during this coronavirus shut-down, shut-in and should be shut-up.

I bet they are all turning their noise on so they can't hear everyone else's and I reckon the car taking up all the valuable space in the garage - aw - what word can I give that waste of space you could use I bet - um yeah - aw?

Today I stayed in bed reading for ages then watched TV while I got the kinks out - the chilly weather is giving my old injuries a work-out - and I cooked some vegetable soup and I was on-line for ages earlier - I do get displaced when we move the clocks - I just had half the soup for lunch and it's so late

btw - my daughter have two cars and a double garage - the cars are parked in the drive and the garage is an outdoor family room with a pool table and comfy old couches and tables, a fridge and a cupboard full of games and gear, The walls are covered in posters and photos - it's a really fun place. imo mr ocd lacks imagination - just think what you could do with all that space!!

Dec - feeling for you - you do have rights too - I'm glad you are going to your room for some peace - hopefull quiet

Yeah you could say it's bedlam @Owlunar 

little A is watching an educational show. Boys in their rooms - no noise  

I'm laying down on couch. 
no hubby would never leave his car outside. His car is very for isl to him. He's a car fanatic. The garage is cramped up with boxes and just benches. It's a small garage even though it's a double. Our drive has just enough room for one car. It's not long or wide. Our block is very small. 

im going to go crazy all winter inside. Sometimes I wish I was back in hospital. I'm guessing you can understand me saying I enjoy going into hospital. 
littke A has been good today. Reading books, play doh, colouring in, playing with her little kitchen cooking for us, and playing with her two uncles dancing to their music. She loves dancing. 

my doctor is calling me tomorrow to see how I am. I'm going to tell him how I've been this weekend. 

I dream of being on my own awsy somewhere. It's only going to be a dream because I'll never can go that. 

Hey @BlueBay it is such a hard time, definitely can understand having so much energy in the house is also a lot to manage, especially when there's only so far we can go outside! Can you make a safe space for yourself? A spot in your garden, or a local walk that you can use as your moment of reprieve? We're all here to listen too as you need. Heart

Hi @nashy 

its really difficult. I have no space. I can go outside but only if it's not raining. Not enough cover for winter. 
I'm struggling with my excessive eating and my very low mood. I don't want to do anything. I don't cate about anything. 
I'm not in a good headspace. 
was supposed to start new job 2 weeks but I got sick. I saw my manager this morning and my new hours have been dropped. Instead of doing three days I'm kniw doing 4 hours on a sat. How am I meant to cope with that amount financially. 
I can't think. I'm panicking. 
some days I feel like going away. And leaving everyone. 
yestetdsy was a testing day with everyone home. I can't do this for another 3-6 months. 
I really don't know how I'm going to get through this. 

Hey @BlueBay it is a lot, you're doing very well and have a great deal of strength within you. It sounds like you might be getting to a point where it's time to look after your emotional wellbeing and get in touch with a helpline. The forum will still be here after you've had a chat to them, but it's important you get some qualified 1:1 support when you're sitting with such anxiety.

The Help Centre is open in 5 minutes via webchat or phone here. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance