Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: ank you Re: taking stock of where Im at in general and making time for self reflection about different areas of my life

@LostAngel , attachment style has a huge part to play in terms of relationships. I’m avoidant attachment - I avoid them altogether and couldn’t be bothered investing time and energy into relationships. I think that will change later. I know what I have to do to change it, but I really can’t be bothered at the moment. I’m too satisfied with life to want things to change.

I slept better last night which was good 💕

Re: ank you Re: taking stock of where Im at in general and making time for self reflection about different areas of my life

Hey there @LostAngel I just thought I would check in and see how you're doing today? I really do know that feeling when my brain is in overdrive while I'm trying to sleep. It's so tiring! Which mindfulness app do you use? I would like to try one! 

And I love learning more about attachment styles! And I imagine being so far away from each other, it's pretty understandable that you might be feeling a bit panicky. But I'm glad he is being supporting of you. It sounds like you've been able to ask for what you need?

And @BPDSurvivor and @BPDSurvivor I feel like I'm a little anxious attached at times too. I'm mostly secure with my current partner, but it took a long time, energy and therapy for me to become secure attached. I feel my attachment in adult relationships was learned through being in crappy relationships, and I was able to (mostly) learn to be more secure.

Have you got anything that helps with times of feeling anxious in relationships?

Hi @LostAngel ,

How are you? How’s your brother?

Hope you are well.

thank you for asking @BPDSurvivor today was a stressfull day but for different reasons,i just wrote a seperate post about it

the mindfullness app I use is called slumber ,its really good as there is a variety of music and also almost bedtime story type meditations which I particularily find usefull ,its on google play
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance