Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Zoe7
Community Guide

Christmas Loungeroom

For all those who are both celebrating and avoiding Christmas this year the Chistmas Loungeroom is a place for us all to hang out. It is especially for those who will be alone throughout this Christmas period and as a place to come together and enjoy the company of others in what can be a difficult time for many.

Feel free to post your stories, images, grievances, etc. of this period and to leave messages for other members to help each other get through this time of year.

Christmas day can be extra hard for some so this is a place for us all to get together on the day and share it with other members.

Image result for christmas lounge ideas

@TAB @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @Snowie @CheerBear @Teej @Former-Member @BlueBay @Mazarita @eth @Former-Member @Owlunar @Hope4me @greenpea @outlander @TheVorticon @Adge 

@Former-Member @Former-Member @Maggie @utopia @Wanderer @Flying_Hams @PeppiPatty @Chris @Appleblossom @Sophia1 @eudemonism @Whiteknight @Pepsimax @Crazy_Bug_Lady @Nay69

....Please tag in others as my brain is not working well this morning

1,477 REPLIES 1,477

Re: Christmas Loungeroom

@Zoe7 What a great idea Zoe7. I will be spending Christmas day like any other day with my children on the computer, reading books and doing 'normal' stuff. Wishing everyone a kind and compassionate day. Hoping we all survive the hype. xxxx

I am spending the day with my family @greenpea at my sister's place. Her partner's family will be there too so it should be a nice day. My sister only lives 5 minutes away so I can come home if I need to. I will of course take Toby with me - he might be dressed as an elf this year lol

@Zoe7 Ahaha! how gorgeous can you take a photo of Toby for us? 😄

I will @greenpea - I have both a santa and a reindeer costume for him too so it will be one of the three - he does look super cute in all of them - will definitely get a photo and post it for you guys on the day Smiley Tongue

This is a great idea @Zoe7

I'm in - I have no idea what Christmas will be like this year - so I have woken up today a surprise - an on-line please-yourself, tell-your-stories and I am sure partake of a Christmas feast with the forum family

Thanks Zoe - you have the best ideas

And hi @greenpea - we all like something different and festive for Christmas Day - it can be difficult for some people - ordinary things with your kids is one way but we do like to share the joy - and here we can

And I would love to see Toby if he gets dressed up as a Christmas Elf

Dec

I have to find the elf costume and see if it fits him @Owlunar @greenpea I have had it since he was a puppy so I suspect it might be too small for him now - might need to search around for a new elf outfit for him otherwise he might be a reindeer again. He does look super cut in his reindeer costume though - whatever he wears I will share a photo.

I am pretty short of money this year so presents will be minimal for everyone too - but I will buy something for everyone - just have no idea what. My family are so hard to buy for - it is not like they need anything! ...and my mother's birthday is straight after christmas so that is an added stress to think about.

Hi @Zoe7 and @greenpea and @Owlunar (long time no see, hope you are well).

Great idea for a thread @Zoe7

Christmas here will be the 4 of us that live in 2 houses and a cabin, plus around a dozen adults and a few children and 3 dogs.  Most of them will be staying here at least a couple of nights.  Most are sil's family but there's also my nephew and his partner and their dog

AND MY MOTHER.  Luckily bro and sil booked her a motel so at least there'll be some reprieve.  She will be the biggest challenge for me.  Just hoping we can get through 3 days with her with no conflict or blow-out.  I've raved about her not so long ago on another thread so I won't do it here now.

For over 2 decades Christmas was just me and sometimes my child (often they went to their father at that time of year) so not being alone at this time of year is something I'm still getting used to.  When S was at home we usually booked into a motel for a few days and so all the feasting etc was turned on for us.  When it was just me I did nothing - no decorations, no extra cooking.  And I was alone but not lonely.  Sometimes my special mate visited me and I was invited to a neighbours big Greek Christmas a couple of times which was fun, tho' I was still a bit of a fringe dweller.   Even 2016 and 2017, when I was here already, we only had a couple of people over.  So this is the first biggish group Christmas for a very long time for me.  

I've told Mum I will need time out at times and that I don't want her to pursue me when this happens.  Which she did when she was here last year.  I'm anxious about her but I do know I have support here from bro and sil if it gets too tricky.

Wouldn't it be nice just to look forward to it all.  What I am looking forward to is baking seeded pumpkin bread, making salsa verde for the bbq fish and a green salad and sharing them with everyone.  Most of the adults are doing something to contribute to the feast.  Sounds like there'll probably be enough food for a week!

Sending warm wishes to everyone for a peaceful time, whether sharing or alone.  I totally get the desire to just withdraw from all the hectic chaos.  And understand that for some navigating through family dynamics can be problematic to say the least.  Sending strength and the ability to be your authentic self to all, and love xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7 and hi to everyone else here this morning.  The Christmas loungeroom looks so inviting Zoe.  A lovely place to come and spend some time at when we can.  Thank you.

Sherry 

@Zoe7 What a lovely pic that is for a Christmas gathering. I have always found Christmas extra hard, I don't actually know the reasons for the feelings, other than they come each year just as strong or stronger as the previous one. Thanks @Zoe7

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance