Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Craft Corner

Yes it is special @CheerBear, and dog, Claypan, was her 5th birthday present. Motivated me to get into it again. Any simple patterns or tips (4beginners) you can post here - plz do wtg!

This is still one of my favourites. It's the only wool blend thing I have made @Mazarita and it feels sooooo good. It was well worth the money. It's soft and snuggly and being a wool blend it's not itchy like 100% wool.

If I need to sit in a ball, which is kind of often at the moment, this is the one I cuddle with. Shame the photos don't do the colours justice - it's a lot more purple and less brown than the pics show, with different greens in it as well. Ripple pattern, basic stitch (double crochet I think) - one of the nicest completed projects. (hopefully this photo formats better than the first pic - I post most of the time on mobile and it muddles pics and words sometimes). 

Edit to remove the photo

On a roll now and sneaking in opportunities to chip away at it whenever I can. Seeing as I was so stuck on the green round, I am super happy and wanted to share.

Just started round 88. I'm calling this one "funshine" yellow 😉

20170405_151227-1032x581.jpg

@ tawney - I'll see if I can remember what I went to once I felt like getting a bit more adventurous. If I can remember I'll put up the links for you.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@CheerBear, I mainly knit soft-toys, but on the horizon I'd like to do a jumper and crochet a blankie. But I'm very very slow, so it will take me a while. 

Here is a squirrel I did a few years ago. 

P1010374.JPG

P1010373.JPG

@Former-Member - I LOVE it! It's so so cute! Love how it sits in your palm 😍

Would love to keep up with your crafty adventures if/when you'd like to share.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Would love an excuse to post about my crafty adventures! I'm very very slow though and don't find much time for it but I'm so glad you started this thread. 

My next project is learning to sew:

dress pattern.jpg

I'm really into vintage fahsion so I love full skirts and dresses and florals and so on, but I plan to make the colour block one in green or blue. I also have a really lovely fabric I just got from spotlight so I'll have to decide what to do with it. 

fabric.jpeg

And I'm thinking of knitting a toy for a friends little one - either the bunny or the kitten. 

bunny and kitten.jpg

@Former-Member - I'm going to subscribe to this thread so I can keep up 🙂

I love the fabric you have and can see that becoming something beautiful. Like most of my crafting adventures, I don't really know what I am doing and kind of just play around until something works (or doesn't). I'd love to be able to properly sew though, especially after discovering an incredibly cool and cheap local fabric shop when I was exploring the neighbourhood the other day!

I love the knitted bunny but they're all gorgeous 😍

I love the  squirrel @Former-Member Smiley Happy

Hello  @CheerBear, @BlueBay, @Spookytookims, @MazaritaHeartSmiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Sahz51!

Also if there are any members looking for free patterns, check out Ravelry. I only just found the site a year ago and there are so many free patterns of varying difficulty.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance