Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

Hi @Exoplanet
so good to hear your daughters visit was a good one and im also pleased to hear your being well taken care of even if it means being told you need to go get checked out whether you like it or not 😏
sending 💛🧡 just cause

hello @Exoplanet 

You have been busy

fixing things around the house...car...

settling in back home is tiring enough at the same time looking after your furry family..

Lovely that you have sister and daughter looking after you ...

showing you how very important you are to them as well as how much they clearly love you..

it has been such a difficult journey for you..

however I do feel that you have the sincere love of your family back in your life...

you have brought this about yourself also in being totally upfront with them..

sister taking over the reins...that is love acting out..

determination..persistence..pride...dare I say being stubborn are strong characteristics of my personality..

we could be twins ....

Again I want to tell you how much I enjoy your style of writing and look forward to reading your posts when I can..

love to you @Exoplanet 💜

Lots of love from me too @Exoplanet xoxo

Hello Everyone 🙂

My Sister has just left this morning, in fact she sent me a text whilst sitting at the local coffee shop 🙂 The same coffee shop that we'd gone to the previous morning, on our way into the city for what turned out to be a rather huge day; - but on the previous morning . . . that coffe shop didn't have any coffee!!! 😄 . . . sounds pretty similar to the Pub with no beer! 😄 😄 Part of me stills thinks - only in a small rural town! I'm happy to announce that the local coffee shop had coffee this morning 😄

I'm heading into town today, though I don't usually go into the coffee shop - that's definitely a me & my Sister thing 😉 But I'm definitely going into the library for DVDs. I'm already over my 40GB allowance for the month & I've still got a fortnight to go! I've got chicken & fresh colesaw here, from last nights dinner: but I'm still heading into town . . . just me, myself & I . . . well - I'll probably throw the puppies in the back - . . . of my ute, that I'll be driving into town. I got the all clear for driving again!!!!! 😄 😄 😄

I saw the oncologist & took my first hormone pill last night - so I guess time will now tell if or how they may or may not affect me. Every time I go into the hospital in the city, it's freeky who I cross paths with. My deceased bothers wife for instance, voluteering to assist patients & visitors travelling & finding their way around. This time it was my more estranged sister's best friend & her partner, both have cancer & happened to have appointments around the same time & on the same date as me! Go figure!!

My sister's best friend has been recieving all the recommended treatments, but the cancer keeps returning - she looked ok, in her facial expressions etc, but her voice had an underlying saddness - I don't want to, nor can I imagine what it would feel like to undergo such harsh treatments, that they don't even deny are harmful to your body & health, in the hope that it will make the conditions in your body so bad it will end the cancer; just to find out it hasn't. On top of all that she's got her partner going through the same thing at the same time! I'd seen messages on my sisters fb page saying "poor S, she's so sick"; so I knew the treatments had affected her badly. I think she said this would be the 3rd time for her!

I'm no doctor, but I imagine it has extended her life span & I know it's her choice to face the discomfort. I guess I just don't understand why someone would make that choice? But then I don't have a partner with cancer, or a partner full-stop {I don't even want one}, & although it is wonderful to have my daughter & my sisters back in my life - they all live several hours away, on a day to day basis I don't interact with anyone.

That is the way I choose to be, it gives me the best quality of life; I'm not complaining, things are the way they are, I am the way I am. I guess I just choose to accept that I die? I'm not talking suicide, I'm not 'looking forward to it', I just know everybody does it. I don't believe death has a number, I don't think we're all suppose to make 80-90 years; & I don't think over half a century is young! . . . I got so sick of hearing about how young & fit I was! At best {& I'm pushin' it} I'm a middle-aged smoker! {with many health
ailments!}
That 'sweet talk' has simmered down with my more recent appointments, once I tell them I've decided not to have chemo or radiation, but am trying the hormone. It's not 'sour talk', they're still lovely mannered, kind & caring - I'm surprised at how many people I've come across, in the public system, that are in the medical profession for all the right reasons! 🙂 I guess being a doctor, nurse, admin, caterer, cleaner, etc. in a public hospital would give you a lot of experience . . . fairly quickly 😉 Those employed in such large facilities would probably come across the most variety of individual thought & emotional processes - basically I think they get shock-proof & learn to accept another individuals beliefs & opinions . . . I don't think that's such a bad thing?
I only had the 2 appt at the hospital & they were finished within a few hours, while at the physio appt, the lady mentioned getting a tight singlet for a bit of compression around the scarring. Oh, & apparantly I've got 'cording' on the scarring under my right arm, where 11 nodes were taken. She said they didn't know why it happened & not to be surprised if it 'popped'! She also gave me some stretching & massaging excercises & said that may be when it will happen. She didn't mention it hurting & I think she would have if she expected it to. So now I can kind of look forward to this creepy 'popping' under my right armpit whilst stretching & massaging it -because she said it was a 'good thing' 😉 & that it will probably lead to the tightness in my right arm, alleviating 🙂 Weird thing to to be 'looking forward' to still 😄
We went to Target for the singlets & I ended up getting a couple of crop tops. I think they may actually be 'training bras' as they were from the girls section; I tried on the xs singlets in the ladies section, but they didn't feel like there was any compression! Without the Ecups it seems I have a fairly small chest 😄 Though I think my individual thought process is making it a little harder because I never, ever, wanted to have to worry about bras again! . . . I just have to keep telling myself it's a 'crop top', it actually looks pretty good & makes wearing my favourite silk tops more publicly acceptable 😉
Well . . . I've been writing this for a couple of hours now 🙂 I did go out & do my naked sun-worshipping while I did my excercises. I call the Universe Hughy, I was really grateful Hughy opened the clouds long enough for me to finish my excercises & get my morning high density natural radiation treatment 😄 It's back to being over-cast now. But considering it was 38 the other day, the last day of the heatwave; I don't mind it being overcast & cooler today 😄 I mean, imagine if a drop of moisture fell out of the sky, as it does sometimes when it gets overcast enough! Even if that doesn't happen, a leaf may be granted a drop of dew 🙂 They are definitly clouds, not the strange orange haze that's been around the past few days during the heat wave; & clouds mean moisture somewhere 🙂
I want to do a few things, oh boy have I got some dishes to catch up on. My sister washed up the last time she was here, but this time the 'washing up' has to be done in the bathroom, down the laundry end, with a 12 volt pump . . . she didn't know  what to do {She proudly annouced this morning, that she'd changed over the gas canister in the portable camp stove I use at home :D} There's a bucket of clothes to be rinsed, water to fill . . . bathroom & kitchen to flood 😄 etc, etc. Plus I want to go into town to visit the library . . . so I'll stop blurbing on with my rave & say . . .

Love to all that need or want it ❤️

@Mazarita  @outlander  @Sophia1  @eth  @greenpea  @Zoe7  @Sans911 @Teej @Appleblossom @Shaz51  @Faith-and-Hope  @CheerBear 

@Exoplanet you are awesome 😁👍😊 (that's all I have for now but it's how I often feel when I read your posts)

So much go you!

You sounds pretty upbeat after your sister's visit and especially since you have been given the all-clear to drive again. Having that independence back would surely be lifting your spirits @Exoplanet 

I agree that we all should have the right to choose how we lead our lives and when the time it is to finish that journey. We all have such different stories and take so many different paths in life yet death is something we will all face - having some options available to us ...especially with an incurable disease ....to me is a right. No-one should be left to suffer or be told they need to keep going despite often having no quality of life. The 'living' part is more important than survival - too hold to hang on for others and quite frankly selfish of others to expect that. Life is only such if we can function and find meaning!

wow @Exoplanet 

a lengthy post describing a hive of activity..

I did laugh at the coffee shop without coffee...what were they serving? boiled water?

I am not sure what the expression "cording" means...have not heard that one before...will try to find not on dr google though..

You also have dinner organised already..

I have husband's granddaughter and partner coming for dinner...haven't even decided what I am going to do.. I was going to make a curry but weather too warm for that even though is still a mild spring day...lovely day

Naked worshipping with "hughy" who opened the clouds for you to exercise...you have some sacred powers there..

reminded me of a rain dance...or moon worshipping...

What do your dogs do when you are outside exercising..

when I do my stretches.. one of my cats whose behaviour is more like a dog usually tries to bury himself under where I am about to land...

In regard to the wonderful staff at all levels...particularly in the encology ward I believe the staff are handpicked so to speak...having empathy at the same time encouragement skills...listening skills..

We live in a small country town which is all in the hills ...there are so many of our friends and others we know through sporting clubs here who are going through various treatments for cancer..

This does not diminish in any way each person's personal experience..

Love that you  found a crop top to wear under your silk top which would feel so lovely on your skin...

I am having to glue some nail holes in architraves after my appointment shortly...

so no wearing silk tops for me today..I have fished out my long sleeve top that I used to paint when renovating our last place..

yes paint still visible...at least I look the part slightly...as is not my expertise in the least...

I am meant to use scaffolding equipment thingy that husband bought..

let me tell you that is not happening...hate heights...this monstrous thing has wheels..

I know that it will have a mind of it's own if I get up there..having to use a step ladder...

so interesting times ahead today..

I am not skilled or technically minded in the least and am very happy being that way..

I do applaud you though exoplanet with all of your achievements that you have written about..

remember the generator debacle?

Enjoy your day back home now with your furry family...I know that I will read the next instalment and be amazed yet again at your achievements..

love Sophia xx💜💛💚

Thank you for tagging me @Exoplanet.i started to follow your story after being tagged in a post that are current health situation is similar. I started reading the beginning of this thread, and I was hooked!

Thank you my @Exoplanet 

You are soo awesome my friend xoxo 

I love your adventures xx

@Exoplanet  Hey Exoplanet thank for including me in your post. I always feel so privledged that you do :D. Take good care of yourself like I know you do and give your puppies a scratch behind the ears for me. Love from your friend peaxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance