Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

I hear you @Shaz51 .  My mr. has never been comfortable with my family.  He did used to make an effort, but now he doesn’t bother to much.

Can't see the image yet @Faith-and-Hope but will come back to it Smiley Very Happy

I hear you about the more relaxed atmosphere without Mr. there. It was really lovely coming on this morning and hearing about what a good time you all had - it makes it so much nicer when you can relax, order what you want and not have someone looking over your shoulder all the time or dictate timeframes or conversation. 💛🧡💚💙💜

I have had a very successful morning. I went to the tip shop to look for square white tiles. I needed 8 to go with the 15 I already have. I not only found them but they only cost me a dollar - one single dollar - so happy about that. They are for Father's Day. I am going to get the kids to trace their hand and then fill that with small coloured rocks. They can decorate around the hand with a different colour (or combination of colours - their choice) then I cover the entire tile with clear glue for a more glossy look. I have done it before where the kids have done a design of their own choice (looks great as a yin yang design) and they work really well. I can have the kids doing that while I take a could to work on the birdhouses 👍😊

I also got the nails, the shopping I needed and some mechanical pencils as prizes for the kids at school (that is what they wanted and I found some cheap - yea). Also cleaned out my car, hung the washing out and changed my bed. I feel a bit like I am on turbo speed today but boosted by finding all the things I needed for this week so easily and quickly.

I have also decided not to do anymore cutting today. I have enough birdhouses done for the kids to do over the next 3 days and Thursday I can do the rest on my day off. Instead I will do the rest of the housework and get some of the planning done before I take time out to watch the footy this afternoon. It doesn't start until 3.20 so I have a few hours.

Feeling very much like this is all do-able now (birdhouses, tiles, planning, housework) - and my cold seems to have significantly improved today - no more sinus pain and coughing and sneezing nearly gone. I was afraid it would go to my chest but seemed to have avoided that too. All in all feeling much better 😊

I hope you made it to church and you can have some more lovely moments today with your cousin. Much love and hugs to you Hon 💜💙💚🧡💛💐🌷🌸🌺🌹💕😍

Hugs to you too @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member and all passing through this thread Smiley Very HappyHeart

Wow @Zoe7 - you've had a very productive morning. Well done. I'm so glad you are feeling much better.

hello @Sans911 Heart

well done for this morning @Zoe7 

@Faith-and-Hope, @Zoe7 , @Former-Member 

mr shaz is going on and on about my cousin and aunty today after yesterday even to my mum this morning at morning teaSmiley Sad

It really has been a big morning @Sans911 but very productive. Still doing washing here and will get the vacuuming done soon too - I always feel better when the house is vacuumed Smiley Surprised

How is your day going Hon - any progress on that pesky assignment?

I've just started on it this morning @Zoe7 but I need to try to finish Part 1 today. That is going to be very difficult to do but I'll make a concerted effort. I didn't get any done yesterday as I went back to sleep after breakfast until I needed to go to the op shop. But that sleep made me feel a bit less tired.

I'll catch up with you later on in the day. Let you know how I'm going.

I would like that @Sans911 I'll send you happy, finishing vibes for part 1 today Smiley Very Happy

You must have needed the rest yesterday and I am glad it has given you a little more energy today - you got this Hon Heart

Ugh....so struggling with this assignment. It doesn't help that I overthink things WAY too much. I've been stuck on a particular part for the last couple of hours, mainly because the resources I have aren't consistent with each other. That's made me really 😕 confused and hesitant. I think I'm getting through that now but it's deflated my motivation and will, not to mention I've lost some hours. I'll press on because I have no choice. I sure would like that extra week back that I'm loosing to being in hospital. Sorry for the scrambled ramble.

@Zoe7 @outlander @Snowie

That does sound frustrating @Sans911 but you are still doing it bit by bit. Any progress is still progress Hon. Give yourself a break for half an hour, get a cuppa, clear your head a little, and then tackle it again. Regular breaks are just as good as starting a new day when you can't seem to get your head around something. It is unfortunate you are going to lose that week but it needs to be done Hon. You can do this - your number one supporter right here cheering you on 😘

Thanks @Zoe7. I've been taking regular breaks. Right now I have a hungry and loudly purring Mr A on my shoulders who keeps trying to get onto the laptop. I better go feed him.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance