Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member 

thank you @Former-Member Heart

feeling a little bit better , still have some aches and pains , so hoping the rest of the antibiotics will fix it up 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes it makes sense .. thanks @Faith-and-Hope . Thanks also for your reassurance about our @Zoe7 . It bothered me all night, trying to read all sorts of things into her post. But I guess in the end, it was just a very personal post to you alone. And I should have just stayed out of it.

Thats lovely that you have been able to utilise something of your mothers into an artwork to honour her. You are so clever. 💜

As you know, yesterday was my birthday. In the mail I received a package from my brother and his family. They visited Lightening Ridge late last year as a bit of a much needed getaway after all their tragic losses earlier in the year (their baby and then our Mum in quick succession). Anyway they got a lovely opal pendant for me from the opal mines. It will go perfectly with the opal ring I inherited from my Mum.

So that was a really lovely touch from my bro and sil. It kind of included Mum in a way, ie the association with her opal ring. But it was also really sad. 😢

Sherry 💖

They are very poignant moments @Former-Member ..... 🌹

Worrying about @Zoe7 is an expression of love for her @Former-Member, and @Zoe7 means so much to so many people here that you are not alone in that, I am sure.

I am very concerned about the stress load she has been under of late, but I also trust her to know herself best, and to choose the self-care options that work best for her .....

As are you, and her other forum friends sitting here with her when she is here with us or not, so am I, and I hope she feels up to popping in here across the weekend.  It is always good to see her and I miss her when she is not here .....

🦋💐 @Zoe7 

My day was spend fluttering around again .... but I have been able to spend more time here today ..... have been tidying up all the small stuff that leaked out of the packing boxes, things that need a little more consideration to put away, but still, I have hurdled what came over from the Art Space a couple of days ago pretty well I think.  I feel good about it anyway.

I also found some diamond paintings I stocked up in last year when I found them on super-special.  I bought four - and one is a peacock 🦚 💕  I haven't actually tried diamond painting yet - might be another thing I can get to in the holidays if I am still in social isolation.

I haven got to any uni work to speak of so far today, but I have printed and collected some things to go in my visual diaries, and I am hoping to do something with paint just before I go to bed so I can leave it to dry overnight.

@Zoe7 @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Sans911 .... anybody else around.

@Zoe7 💚💙
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sounds productive @Faith-and-Hope  👍

A peacock diamond painting ... Yes! Hope you find some time to tackle that one in the near future. How big is the canvas, and is it done in round or square drills?

Hope you are having a restful weekend @Zoe7 

Sherry 💕

How did you go yesterday @Former-Member with the car?

I will have a look a little later and see how big it is @Former-Member.  I am not sure what drills are, but assume they are the diamond "beads" ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Faith-and-Hope  thats right. The colored beads are referred to as diamond drills. And they come in two shapes. Either round or square. Round drills are easier or more forgiving with regards to placement onto the canvas. The square ones fit very snugly together. The first one I did was round, then I switched to square. Both look great, and some people prefer the finished look of one over the other. My thoughts are that for smaller sized canvases, the squares give a more complete or filled in look. But its very much a personal preference.

I have a new one arrived yesterday actually, on my birthday, all the way from China. Its a big one 45cm x 60cm and I ordered this one in round drills.

Sherry

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sans921, thanks for asking, he rescheduled for tomorrow morning, hopefully. Sounds promising but he wants to haggle 😞 I might have to cut my losses 😞 Tidied log book tonight. How are you? I'm sorry but I can't remember anything about you if you have the patience to give brief rerun or tag me somewhere to readup? Winding down for sleep now, watching the end of MIB-3 - weird 😴
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance