Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Bipo
Casual Contributor

Hobbies

Hi I'm sue I have so many things that I like here goes walking table tennis badminton square dancing singing card making cooking gardening the beach travel dog obedience going out for breakfast lunch and tea seeing friends art meditation grand children relatives my husband my children 

7 REPLIES 7
Lilaca
Senior Contributor

Re: Hobbies

Hi @Bipo,

I second that.

I have enjoyed many things in life too mainly in the arts and design, outdoor activities such as bushwalking, travel, photography, cooking and baking, horticulture, animals and many more!

Living a nomadic life, I would often be touched by kind and loving people along the way.. Smiley Happy

I appreciate the little things in life that matter.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Bipo  @Lilaca 

You might enjoy some of these social discussion threads

The Community Garden 🙂 

Craft Corner 

Photography and mental health 

Pet photography 

What a great thread @Bipo 

I am loving your hobbies @Bipo @Former-Member @Lilaca 

@Former-Member has linked some great threads too.

My hobbies include spending time with my children and husband, walking the dog, doing mindfulness, reading, jigsaw puzzles, finding new cafes to enjoy a coffee and of course going up to the snow.

Hoping others come on board soon and shre their hobbies too.

Hi @Bipo . Thanks for starting this new discussion post! My hobbies are- 

Craft- knitting, cross stitch and crochet which I love doing as they all help my MH in different kinds of ways. I like going into craft stores and looking around as well as looking on the Internet for new cross stitch kits and ideas. I also knit things for charity like blankets and beanies. You might like the Craft Corner discussion area to see what other forum members do in this area.
Journalling- I like writing down thoughts and ideas about how I'm feeling about things and life in general. I'm also now doing a photo journal where I've taken photos or found pictures on Facebook and other internet sites and write about the image such as what I think is going on and how it makes me feel.

Reading

Going for drives- to the country areas of Victoria, to the beach and finding new places to eat lunch, like a cafe near a park.

My cat Mitz- a calico tortoiseshell who is 3 and very adorable 

AFL- Brisbane Lions

NRL- Melbourne Storm

Swimming

Watching tennis when it is on TV or going to the Australian Open

Eve7
Community Guide

Hi @Bipo thank you for this thread.

I like running, swimming, bush walking, sailing, reading, knitting, spending time with my family and friends, cooking, gardening, travelling.

Hi @Eve7 . Nice to see a fellow knitter here! I just thought I'd let you know that there is a discussion area called Craft Corner here under the Social Spaces area of the forums that you might like to check out and maybe join in on. What things do you like knitting?

Hi @Judi9877  thank you for tesponding. I will check out the Craft Corner.

I knit rugs in footy teams’ colours, baby clothes and not much else. I used to knit clowns when I worked night shift. 

It’s so good to have a group about craft on the forums.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance