Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Let`s Talk -- how was you day today !!

So sorry to hear that your date was cancelled @Adge, were you able to reschedule?

Yes thanks @Ali11 We met for a coffee, down at the Boat Harbour last Wednesday.

She was 10 years older than her profile said, & didn't look anything like her photo (an old photo?).

My Date only wanted to meet people once (she said), & not make on-going contacts (or relationships).

So that was disappointing.

As Zoe7 said - it was worthwhile as a social outing. I hadn't been down to that boat harbour in several years.

When I was dating a few years ago (before becoming dissilusioned with it) - it got me to go to different places & cafes, that I would never have been to otherwise.

Taking me "out of my comfort zone", you might say (in a good way).

Adge

So sorry to hear that your date was cancelled @Adge  Heart

The boat harbour coffee sounds like a good experience @Adge. With her saying she only meets once, maybe she's really shy and this is her way of stepping out of her comfort zone without the fear of committing or being too close to anyone? It does sound worthwhile as an outing regardless Smiley Happy

Hi @Shaz51 Well I found out where I can buy some new (replacement) Bengalese finches from.

Only if I am prepared to drive a 50Km round trip - & pay $40 License Fee, before I can purchase just one bird.

Adge

Wow @Adge  xx 

Yep, I live in the state with the most Restrictive Bird Licensing laws in the entire country @Shaz51

Licenses are not required in any of the other states - for the common (& cheap) birds that I keep.

Bengalese finches have no known wild populations (they exist only in aviculture) - they have never established feral populations anywhere in the world.

Yet they want a license to keep them in WA.

Adge

Nice to hear from you. Hope everyone is going ok. I love spring and have been enjoying being out walking and smelling all the blossoms. However for the person I care for it seems to trigger elevation. For much of this year I have adopted the approach of regular contact and time spent together but stepping back from making decisions. It has felt hard but life is calmer for me. 

Hello and hugs @merri Heart

coffee2.jpghope you have a good day today , any plans xx

i am oing to try and do a nothing day xx

@Adge, @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Smc , @Faith-and-Hope 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance