Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Let's relive the 1980's

@TAB Think I saw the beginning of Class of 84 but not to the end.

Met a few punk rockers but my girlfriend did not smoke or drink or anything else. SHe loved the music and fashion.  I liked the social protest, but found them too stylised.

ie Thought they loved themselves.  Too cool.

Later Cos I lived in lotsa pain for 15 years I was allergic to violence had to be very careful what I watched or listened to.

Thought I would post this movie that also resonated with so many teenagers during the 80's.  One of my fav movies which also starred many of the 'Brat Pack'.

https://youtu.be/dx7vNdAb5e4

yeah 20s me thought it was funny @Appleblossom  re class of 84

Yeah Tastes change Aye ... @TAB 

Smiley Happy

I only caught up on a lot of movies in last 12 years.  Too busy for a very long time, or watching for and with children. 

Heart

I really like being able to research while I watch on the internet. 

Smiley Happy

oRe: Let's relive the 1980's

so you multi-task @Appleblossom  yes tastes change

Re: oRe: Let's relive the 1980's

I dont think of it as such ... but yes @TAB I often multitask.  Its a big mother thing and now I am stuck with it ... so I may as well be happy with it.

St Elmos made 3 times what it cost and still they call it a disspointment.  Those movie peep like a high return ... on investment.  Tut tut.

The video was nostalgic.

Smiley Happy

@TAB @Scarecrowe @Appleblossom Is this an old thread? I'm class of 84. I used to brush my mothers hair ALA FLOCK OF seagulls. She had alzhiemers and just enjoyed it. I also get away from the kids with my husband and sit in the car with a beer and pretend we are in a delorean and going back to the future. It's a second hand toyota camry with a dent in it. I loved MTV. Van Halen, the Smiths, Bauhaus. Gary Newman, Billy idol. What other bands did you all listen to?  thriller great video.

Ok research 10Ba Australian film making tax concession while watching Dons Party @Appleblossom or Wake in Fright ok they’re both good but real duds were made just to get 150% tax rebate

Hi @Sweet_cheeks  yeah few weeks old I think . Im tired now, but help yourself to read back Cat Happy

Tastes are individual.  @TAB  Movies are often a spare time thing .. if you have any.

I like Aus movies (not all) and think the standard has gone up since turn of cent ... was too busy working at this and that .. to watch at the time of release ...

@Sweet_cheeks Welcome.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance