Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabalugas@

@TAB s dont you hate it when fitted sheets dont fit properly and flick up at the corners and come down so you end up sleeping on mattress only. Useless bit of information our family knew the man who brought fitted sheets out to Australia years ago helped to make him a fortune. He died a very wealthy man. He was a nice man too 🙂

TAB
Senior Contributor

well these arent even close to fitting  the depth of mattress @greenpea  so it just becomes ball of material in middle of mattress. 

ok interesting. I remember seeing article about Harris Scarfes 20-30 years ago when someone found out that buying stuff from china could lead to 1000% markup and still not seem over expensive lol

@TAB s I wish I had the brains to be an entrepeneaur then I would make a fortune then buy and island somewhere off the grid then sell 90% of everything  and live off the grid. Like the guy in northern queensland on restortution island. I could do that. I could definitely live that way.

@resoration island I think it is called

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah think too late for that here .any money making inklings firmly stamped on as child. we were always told to get safe govt jobs, exactly what all siblings did @greenpea 

TAB
Senior Contributor

ok Restoration Island yes snakes killed his dogs . Twice. he wrote a book about it. he went broke but lives on island somehow. looks very basic and dangerous there hes near 80 now @greenpea  

@TAB  yep I know what you mean. I was told to get a safe job. University was scorned as extravagent thinking. My son1 is going through a crises atm he doesnt want to settle down and become part of the system but because as he says he is just an average guy he finds there are limitations on what he can do. He says he will never own a house etc he feels trapped. 

@TAB  yeah he is amazing. He looks fantastic. Much younger than his years. Better than an old age home that is for sure even though it is dangerous.

TAB
Senior Contributor

uni was never on radar, well a teacher suggested it to me, but I crashed and burned in year 12 as didnt want to be there and hadnt studied for years @greenpea  funny, it would have been free if had gone there straight from school.

well re son, its either creative thinking and try and get rich or try to survive and buy any dump anywhere or just dont think about it I guess. was texting f txt friend who had happened on 3.5 million apartment and was sending me pics of it, sent her pic of place 10k from good beach, $35k ok was for block basically, 1000m^2 just a shed and old falling down condemned miners cottage lol  just playing well she thinks going to win lotto 

TAB
Senior Contributor

he broke his hip there @greenpea  dont throw your passport away lol after trip to emergency other day, there was a price list on wall for non medicare card holders ranging from  $250 to $2600 depending on triage level assessed at ..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance