Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Wanting to make friends

@KEJ  you might be interested in tonight's Topic Tuesday discussion which is scheduled to start soon. Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST f... 

Oh Darcy

Sorry I missed it, but never mind. Maybe a little of notice would help. I would love to be there for the next one.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@KEJ  the "Topic Tuesdays" are put on the forum home page well in advance you can find them following the link here .

How are you going?

Hi Darcy

I am struggling at times with my voices but at the moment I am focusing on my recovery from my operation on my left wrist.  I had to change my dressing and found I have six stitches. They will be removed in a few weeks time.  I still have not made any friends yet but I hope to gain some soon.

Thankypu for your on going support!

Former-Member
Not applicable

@KEJ 

I do hope you recover well. Making friends is hard and each time we have moved I have had to be quite intentional about it and join an interest group to meet others.

I am wondering if you would find a little more support on the LE side of the forum (you are on the carer side) there is a lot more activity, today they have  Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!  and you might find that posting your story under a "new discussion" here will yield a lot more replies.  As carers we often work as well as look after our loved ones so often our replies are delayed whereas on the LE side responses are usually a lot quicker.

Hi, I live in the south of Perth

Well my stitches are gone. I had to go back asi had two areas which was infected. They had to scrape it and put Betadine on it. Then it was sealed with a waterproof dressing. The following week later it was removed and it looked good.

My wrist is amazing! No more nerve painor pins and needles. I can now lift the kettle and milk with no pain. I am now waiting for the right one to be operated on.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wonderful news @KEJ  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance